Thread: 1st IPSC match

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

1st IPSC match

Guys, i need some help. i signed up for my first match, held on Oct 19th. i'm going to shoot in a local match, in the single stack category. basically i'll shoot a steel 1911 with eight round mags.

so i got a few questions, they tell me that i probably need 5-6 mag carriers to bet through a stage.

what kind of carriers should i get? singles, doubles, combination of both? and where can i get them shipped from in a hurry?

thanks,

Kent
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    I prefer singles because you can go with the exact number you want and you can set the tension for each mag individually. Also I find there is a little less wasted space between mags with singles. I would go with Comp Tac , they have always had them to me in less than a week.

Here is a photo of my production rig.
    Last edited by BB01; 10-10-08 at 17:26. Reason: sp

Feedback Score
    Kent,

I would say 5 is the minimum you would need for single stack - 6 is better for sure, in THAT division. Single carriers.

Comptac will get them to you in time for the match.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    thanks,

i'll give them a ring
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Guys, i need some help. i signed up for my first match, held on Oct 19th. i'm going to shoot in a local match, in the single stack category. basically i'll shoot a steel 1911 with eight round mags.

so i got a few questions, they tell me that i probably need 5-6 mag carriers to bet through a stage.

what kind of carriers should i get? singles, doubles, combination of both? and where can i get them shipped from in a hurry?

thanks,

Kent
    The max round count for a USPSA stage is 32 rounds. Be sure to have enough mags to cover that. When I shoot USPSA Single Stack I carry 5 reloads, I chamber off of a 'Barney' mag and then top off with a fresh 8 rounder.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Comp-tac did a great job of getting me my mag carriers on time, but like an idiot, i ordered them wrong and i got ones with the bullets facing the wrong way. dammit!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Comp-tac did a great job of getting me my mag carriers on time, but like an idiot, i ordered them wrong and i got ones with the bullets facing the wrong way. dammit!
    For a quick fix you can try clipping the carriers with the mag body in between your belt and pants, clip facing out. This will get the bullets facing the right way...If you don't have time to get new carriers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The max round count for a USPSA stage is 32 rounds. Be sure to have enough mags to cover that. When I shoot USPSA Single Stack I carry 5 reloads, I chamber off of a 'Barney' mag and then top off with a fresh 8 rounder.
    " Gamer "

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luxor View Post
    " Gamer "
    Don't hate the 'gamer'!, Hate the game.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    wow!! i had a great time yesterday.