Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    Took my modestly well behaved pooch for a nice walk today, brought a single slice of American cheese to keep her on her best behavior and it worked amazing! That is until we got home, she took a quick drink of water and threw up a large orangish puddle of mucus on the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've forked out large chunks of money for damaged dogs, but its usually been knees. Whenever someone asks me, "How can you spend that much on a dog"?! ..... Its an easy answer. Taking out the part of the dog being a functional portion of the household and family, I like to ask them what price they personally put on their own safety or the safety of their house. That tends to change the way they look at "just a dog".
    That is good way to present it. My dogs aren’t protection trained but they definitely are on guard 24/7 and are at a minimum an early warning system.

Kinda funny, I took the boy to find out if he would have any interest in Schutzund. The trainer had dogs and owners formed in a circle and he had a white rag/toy on a rope and dragged it in a circle. We had to hold the dog back from chasing the toy. A bunch of the dogs agitated very easily. Mine? Looked at me like I had just busted out a crack pipe to smoke it in public and that was the end of that.

Feedback Score
    Stickman, I am hesitant to post this so long after it was discussed, but I was too stupid to remember password and want to help... On your dog/cow prob: people here swear by donkeys to protect cows/sheep. Lo maint compared to other livestock. If marauding dogs don't get the message, donkeys will kill them for you. Get em younger so they can be acclimated to your dogs. Another plus is they often like to be petted like a dog.... Best.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Stickman, I am hesitant to post this so long after it was discussed, but I was too stupid to remember password and want to help... On your dog/cow prob: people here swear by donkeys to protect cows/sheep. Lo maint compared to other livestock. If marauding dogs don't get the message, donkeys will kill them for you. Get em younger so they can be acclimated to your dogs. Another plus is they often like to be petted like a dog.... Best.
    Thanks, thats what I've heard as well, but I've also heard they will kill calves as well sometimes. For right now, it looks like I'll be putting up triple strand and fencing.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Happy times for the pups...

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Happy times for the pups...

Sigourney Weaver wants her dog back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice puppy pics Stick!

It's been awhile, so I'll update some of my own.

My boy!

My AB is growing to be one solid girl at 17 months. She takes a toll on my pool enclosure screens though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My speedotrons and Profoto strobes are locked inside a stadium I can’t access...I had forgotten how long the flash duration on alien bees was.

My old man wouldn’t play along too much. I made a total of one frames before he needed a break...the lack of an assistant to hold the strobe is killing me. I’ll try again each day as this goes on.

Feedback Score
    My buddy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

"Islam is not your friend"

Thank you to those who fight in the shadows.

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast