Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Our new 10 month old yellow lab Aleck (because he's really smart). He is turning into a great companion after only two weeks.
    I'm not sure why your pics are sideways, but I look at those pics and miss my yellow lab.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Our new 10 month old yellow lab Aleck (because he's really smart). He is turning into a great companion after only two weeks.
    I'm not sure why your pics are sideways, but I look at those pics and miss my yellow lab.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    He's my first Lab. I'm kinda a mutt guy honestly lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had to fire off rounds this morning, and I'll probably have to shoot a nearby neighbors dogs. The guy has been talked to a few times, and his GSD are over on the property all the time anyway. This morning they were circling livestock and going after a calf. That just isn't going to work.

If anyone has a way to get rid of dogs aside from killing them, I'm all ears. I REALLY do not want to shoot GSD. The coyotes I'll kill on sight though...
    Stick

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I had to fire off rounds this morning, and I'll probably have to shoot a nearby neighbors dogs. The guy has been talked to a few times, and his GSD are over on the property all the time anyway. This morning they were circling livestock and going after a calf. That just isn't going to work.

If anyone has a way to get rid of dogs aside from killing them, I'm all ears. I REALLY do not want to shoot GSD. The coyotes I'll kill on sight though...
    Paintball gun? What is the range do you need? If you can get close it might chase them off and give their owner a heads up.

Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Paintball gun? What is the range do you need? If you can get close it might chase them off and give their owner a heads up.

The owner has been talked to many times, and I need a pretty decent stand off range to engage. If they kill this calf, I am not going to be a kind individual, and I don't want to be that way with this issue. My better half is urging me to just stay nice about it, but when someone has been talked to a bunch of times, I wonder if shoot, shovel and shutup might not be a better answer. I'm not going to fence in a quarter mile or longer with chain link or chicken wire, and its already barbwired off.

Again, I will point out that I am NOT happy at even the idea of shooting GSD because their owner is an imbecile.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The owner has been talked to many times, and I need a pretty decent stand off range to engage. If they kill this calf, I am not going to be a kind individual, and I don't want to be that way with this issue. My better half is urging me to just stay nice about it, but when someone has been talked to a bunch of times, I wonder if shoot, shovel and shutup might not be a better answer. I'm not going to fence in a quarter mile or longer with chain link or chicken wire, and its already barbwired off.

Again, I will point out that I am NOT happy at even the idea of shooting GSD because their owner is an imbecile.
    I'd go over, tell him what happened this morning, and that if they are seen near your cattle again, they are fair game.

I'm sure you are familiar with the SO in your AO, have you given any of them a heads up as to what is going on so they aren't surprised if they receive a call from your neighbor mourning his dogs.

Also, have you thought about a pellet gun, with lethal cover? For that matter the paintball gun with lethal cover?

I hate killing most anything, especially dogs, so I hope this works out for the dogs' sake.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Maybe pepperballs, if you have access?

I am with you. I'd do it with a very heavy heart.

Feedback Score
    Dealing with irresponsible dog owners can be frustrating. When my "nice" reached its limit, I waited till the owner went to work in the morning then I gave the dog away to my wife's co-worker who wanted a Shar Pei. Wonderful dog. Lousy owner. The guy never did get another dog and eventually moved. I figure I did everyone a favor, most importantly the dog.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Dealing with irresponsible dog owners can be frustrating. When my "nice" reached its limit, I waited till the owner went to work in the morning then I gave the dog away to my wife's co-worker who wanted a Shar Pei. Wonderful dog. Lousy owner. The guy never did get another dog and eventually moved. I figure I did everyone a favor, most importantly the dog.
    Brilliant

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast