Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My spoiled Bird Dogs (Britts)-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Working with the pup....

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    ^ such a badass pic, stick.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That is an excellent picture. It looks like he was having a pretty good day with his family.

How was he?

There are few things I like more, than sitting on the porch and giving ear scritches to good dogs.
    He was 10 when we got him, laid back but had some food aggression and marking we had to work through.
    Ended up being a very well-tempered dog that all the neighbors loved. He had some of the softest fur I ever felt so everyone loved petting him, and that's all he wanted in life, haha.
    Not the smartest dog, and not very receptive to task training (never got him to "sit") but picked up behavioral stuff very well.

Just a laid back dog that wanted some attention (previous owners kept him in a kennel in the back yard his whole life).

Edit: sorry for rambling: pic thread.

Last edited by MegademiC; 11-10-18 at 06:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, we have added another to the family. Not a Dobe this time though, she's an American Bulldog.

My wife works at the VA in the Dental department. She lost her son in Fallujah in Nov, 2004 (Marines) - my stepson. He was a great kid. This time of the year is always hard for her. So while she was talking to a patient, I guess the topic came up and the vet asked if he could give her a puppy to honor her son....and here we are.

She is a rambunctious sob, I tell you that much, even for 6 weeks old. I would have wanted to wait until 8 weeks , but the mother started losing interest in taking care of them and they were already being weaned. I had to make sure it was a female, a male Dobe and another male is bad juju. So is a male American Bulldog and another male.

Feedback Score
    My bird!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 35 lbs Rat Terrier with a coyote he tracked and I shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    Having fun at the dog park...

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You're a good man, Maximus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMG_20180312_173714433.jpg

Our Siberian telling the wife about her long day.

She is our cancer survivor, she had a 1lb malignant tumor removed from her belly last spring. First two vets would not operate gave her a couple months to live at best. Finally our horse vet with an assist from a small animal vet removed it. Been eight months and no sign of it returning anywhere in her body. She is healthier and has more energy that ever before. Dog loves to run.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
    Our Siberian telling the wife about her long day.

She is our cancer survivor, she had a 1lb malignant tumor removed from her belly last spring. First two vets would not operate gave her a couple months to live at best. Finally our horse vet with an assist from a small animal vet removed it. Been eight months and no sign of it returning anywhere in her body. She is healthier and has more energy that ever before. Dog loves to run.
    I always prefer to work with large animal vets even when my dogs are the patient. Much more down to earth and reasonable. Glad to hear she is doing well!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast