Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whenever I am feeling disgusted with humanity, which seems frequently these day, I come to this thread and look at the dogs, kids, and dogs with kids, and somehow everything is better.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I had a rescue Rottweiler that I got when he was 2 years old, we think. He'd been tied up outside a drug house in Houston all his life. He turned out to be a wonderful dog, and a Very Good Boy.

I'm with austinN4. One of my favorite things is to sit with my 7-year-old granddaughter on the couch. We watch Youtube clips of puppies on the TV, and enjoy root beer floats.

Definitely makes Paw-Paw smile, every time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Whenever I am feeling disgusted with humanity, which seems frequently these day, I come to this thread and look at the dogs, kids, and dogs with kids, and somehow everything is better.
    I strongly agree.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Inspiration time...

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kind of a little veer from the last several posts.

I have two virtually identical GSD's out of different bloodlines. The male is going to be 2 in a week. The female is just about 8 months and has not had her first heat cycle.

When I saw the female, I jokingly asked my wife if she wanted a girl for her, and she said yes, so we drove a couple hundred miles and bought Rebel (aka 'Green Collar' at the breeder's.

A couple month's later when the boy (Reno) first hiked his leg and marked on the vacuum cleaner, I told my wife 'time to go to the vet and get ol' Reno tutored.' At that point I found out my darling wife wanted to raise at least one litter.

Soooo....has anyone had the wonderful experience of keeping their male away from a female while both are in the house? I bred Boxers for a couple of years, my male was a house dog, and when any of the bitches were in heat I just locked them out of their runs into their boxes when I needed to let him out. Unfortunately, when I got out of that game I tore down the kennels and used the slab for a shop building.

This is further complicated by the fact that my darling wife doesn't want me to kennel Reno outside in the 10x10 kennel we take camping.

Advice? The wife has to stay, so that is out, plus last I looked she has my man parts in her purse.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-18-19 at 20:36.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Kind of a little veer from the last several posts.

I have two virtually identical GSD's out of different bloodlines. The male is going to be 2 in a week. The female is just about 8 months and has not had her first heat cycle.

When I saw the female, I jokingly asked my wife if she wanted a girl for her, and she said yes, so we drove a couple hundred miles and bought Rebel (aka 'Green Collar' at the breeder's.

A couple month's later when the boy (Reno) first hiked his leg and marked on the vacuum cleaner, I told my wife 'time to go to the vet and get ol' Reno tutored.' At that point I found out my darling wife wanted to raise at least one litter.

Soooo....has anyone had the wonderful experience of keeping their male away from a female while both are in the house? I bred Boxers for a couple of years, my male was a house dog, and when any of the bitches were in heat I just locked them out of their runs into their boxes when I needed to let him out. Unfortunately, when I got out of that game I tore down the kennels and used the slab for a shop building.

This is further complicated by the fact that my darling wife doesn't want me to kennel Reno outside in the 10x10 kennel we take camping.

Advice? The wife has to stay, so that is out, plus last I looked she has my man parts in her purse.
    Oh man, good luck with that. I had to deal with that situation with Miniature Longhaired Dachshunds. It was not a fun time to say the least. He barked all night. I can't imagine dealing with this on a bigger scale.

As soon as our female American Bulldog gets of age she is going to get fixed. My 2 1/2 yr old male Dobe is not neutered and he can be a handful already. I can't imagine him being on a hormone trip. No thanks.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JerDerv; 02-24-19 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    Little boy and Jack the Rottie seem to be getting along. My son doesn’t understand how puppies play though.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Where's your sock?

"Puppy ate it!"

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast