Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In an absolutely crazy world, my better half continues to be a saint. She found two feral pups on our property, and of course, that means I now have 5 GSD instead of 3. We have seen the parents and other pups from the litter, and there is no doubt they are GSD. I'm not sure who gets rid of two black GSD, especially if they are pregnant, but we have checked around. Lots of people have seen them, but no one knows where they came from, or can recall when they first started seeing them.

I have never made claims that I was a nice person, but I have a soft spot in my heart for GSD and large breed dogs. They have been to the vet, and are now on shots and eating regularly. One has adapted quickly, the other shows affection, but is still highly paranoid. To show how much of a clownfish I am, I've used my military cold weather sleeping bags and slept in the garage with them. Single digits and teens make for cold weather friends, and the little girls snuggled up.

Its now been a few weeks, and they are responding to their given names. Their weight is up, and they remain super active like puppies should be. When I'm inside the studio, they are allowed access, and they have found they really enjoy snuggling up on an Ethan Allen leather couch with the military poncho liner. Here they are after they decided to play in the mud and water all afternoon.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Everybody loves a wubbie.

Feedback Score

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-07-20 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Three of the other GSD. I put the ball and thrower up on the piano because I didn't want to throw the ball anymore. As you can see, that didn't slow them down...

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    In an absolutely crazy world, my better half continues to be a saint. She found two feral pups on our property, and of course, that means I now have 5 GSD instead of 3. We have seen the parents and other pups from the litter, and there is no doubt they are GSD. I'm not sure who gets rid of two black GSD, especially if they are pregnant, but we have checked around. Lots of people have seen them, but no one knows where they came from, or can recall when they first started seeing them.

I have never made claims that I was a nice person, but I have a soft spot in my heart for GSD and large breed dogs. They have been to the vet, and are now on shots and eating regularly. One has adapted quickly, the other shows affection, but is still highly paranoid. To show how much of a clownfish I am, I've used my military cold weather sleeping bags and slept in the garage with them. Single digits and teens make for cold weather friends, and the little girls snuggled up.

Its now been a few weeks, and they are responding to their given names. Their weight is up, and they remain super active like puppies should be. When I'm inside the studio, they are allowed access, and they have found they really enjoy snuggling up on an Ethan Allen leather couch with the military poncho liner. Here they are after they decided to play in the mud and water all afternoon.
    I agree, your wife seems like she is a Saint, sleeping with them doesn't speak badly of you, either. Good luck with your Muddy Buddies.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Three of the other GSD. I put the ball and thrower up on the piano because I didn't want to throw the ball anymore. As you can see, that didn't slow them down...

That’s awesome! I have a video somewhere of my boy getting up on a chair to get his ball that was put up on a mantel. He then gets back down in reverse instead turning around and jumping down.

Here’s a couple from earlier today. The Mal is just recovering from her TPLO surgery 5 weeks ago. Recovery time is 12 weeks. Trying keeping a Mal down for 12 weeks. Mission impossible!

The boy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I agree, your wife seems like she is a Saint, sleeping with them doesn't speak badly of you, either. Good luck with your Muddy Buddies.
    I've slept in enough bad places where sleeping with dogs seems like a pretty good option most of the time!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    The Mal is just recovering from her TPLO surgery 5 weeks ago. Recovery time is 12 weeks. Trying keeping a Mal down for 12 weeks. Mission impossible!
    I'm dumb, break down for me what TPLO surgery is.... Tongue and Paw Licking disOrder?

Stick

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It’s good you don’t know, I didn’t until last year when she had the other one done. TPLO is Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy. It’s performed to correct torn or ruptured Cranial Cruciate Ligament. Per my understanding, it’s typically genetic and if one goes, the other usually follows on within a year. You get to find out how much you really love your dog because they are not cheap; around $5k including rehab. Add to that you have to keep them separated from other dogs and crated a lot, it’s a rough few months. No running, jumping or play time.

https://www.topdoghealth.com/library...osteotomy-tplo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    It’s good you don’t know, I didn’t until last year when she had the other one done. TPLO is Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy. It’s performed to correct torn or ruptured Cranial Cruciate Ligament. Per my understanding, it’s typically genetic and if one goes, the other usually follows on within a year. You get to find out how much you really love your dog because they are not cheap; around $5k including rehab. Add to that you have to keep them separated from other dogs and crated a lot, it’s a rough few months. No running, jumping or play time.

https://www.topdoghealth.com/library...osteotomy-tplo

I've forked out large chunks of money for damaged dogs, but its usually been knees. Whenever someone asks me, "How can you spend that much on a dog"?! ..... Its an easy answer. Taking out the part of the dog being a functional portion of the household and family, I like to ask them what price they personally put on their own safety or the safety of their house. That tends to change the way they look at "just a dog".
    Stick

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast