Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    Tune for the dog folks:

https://youtu.be/pL2BovAWVgo
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 04-28-20 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    Nice out today. Decided to follow her down to the pooping grounds by the creek, and watch her chase after some tree rats. All of a sudden she plopped her butt down and looked at me like "Hey, take my picture." So I did. I take so many damn pictures of her, I think she's getting used to it... lol.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Aleck is a rather crappy dog... Way too much deer poop around and oh so fun to roll in!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sunday was my girlfriend’s birthday, so we went to her sister’s farm. We were being very responsible, maintaining distance and so forth. Started shooting some clays, and through my ear pro I hear myself being screamed at. Jack had entered the shop and was consuming a 4oz brick of rat poison...the kind with Bromethalin.

Bromethalin has no antidote or treatment, and is 100% fatal to every mammal on the planet.

We burned rubber to the closest vet and they were able to induce vomiting with apomorphine, and fill him with charcoal, and we believe that we got there in time to get him to throw it up before he digested too much of it. He’s still doing well but will require close attention for a while.

Please be careful and even if you wouldn’t dream of placing poison, be proactive and ask if the places you frequent ever do. If we hadn’t caught him in the act, we would have driven home, he would have started having seizures, and died a very painful death.

Here we are on the way home. If my uncontrollable sobbing was a clue of anything, I wasn’t ready to lose my best friend over the past 16 years.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Jack, you are a good hound, and I am glad you are still with us.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Had to put my 16 yr Fancy down today, she had been aging but happy to be here until yesterday evening and this morning I found her laying on the concrete floor instead of her bed and she was unable to get up without assistance. So I prepared a place for her to enter her eternal rest and let our daughters say goodbye.
    Difficult day but it is part of being able to enjoy the company of such wonderful animals.

Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Had to put my 16 yr Fancy down today, she had been aging but happy to be here until yesterday evening and this morning I found her laying on the concrete floor instead of her bed and she was unable to get up without assistance. So I prepared a place for her to enter her eternal rest and let our daughters say goodbye.
    Difficult day but it is part of being able to enjoy the company of such wonderful animals.

I'm sorry for your loss. As I read your post, I was on the couch with Ivy, my 3yo female Boxer on my lap. I got a little misty eyed looking at her, dogs get me more emotional than most humans do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It is never easy. My female Dobe Bella has cancer in her left shoulder. Popped out of nowhere fast. Vet said go see an oncologist and that their would be surgeries, most likely a leg amputation and that still doesn't guarantee a thing. We talked about it and we decided not to go that route. When it's all said and done, it wouldn't be worth it. She isn't in pain at all. She is starting to not eat as much now and is slowly losing weight but is still a happy dog. We are counting the days though.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. As I read your post, I was on the couch with Ivy, my 3yo female Boxer on my lap. I got a little misty eyed looking at her, dogs get me more emotional than most humans do.
    Yea...same here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Sunday was my girlfriend’s birthday, so we went to her sister’s farm. We were being very responsible, maintaining distance and so forth. Started shooting some clays, and through my ear pro I hear myself being screamed at. Jack had entered the shop and was consuming a 4oz brick of rat poison...the kind with Bromethalin.

Bromethalin has no antidote or treatment, and is 100% fatal to every mammal on the planet.

We burned rubber to the closest vet and they were able to induce vomiting with apomorphine, and fill him with charcoal, and we believe that we got there in time to get him to throw it up before he digested too much of it. He’s still doing well but will require close attention for a while.

Please be careful and even if you wouldn’t dream of placing poison, be proactive and ask if the places you frequent ever do. If we hadn’t caught him in the act, we would have driven home, he would have started having seizures, and died a very painful death.

Here we are on the way home. If my uncontrollable sobbing was a clue of anything, I wasn’t ready to lose my best friend over the past 16 years.
    How's he doing?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yes indeed, how is Jack?
    I realized that I was overly focused on my own loss to celebrate Jack's rescue.

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast