Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowbusa View Post
    Attachment 62267

50/50 Mix English Mastiff and Fila Brasileiro
    23 weeks Male 85lbs and female 90lbs
    I was looking at trying out a Fila now that kids (more importantly their friends coming over) are not part of the equation anymore. We do have friends that still come over once in awhile so there is still a problem of putting them away in a separate room when they do. My American Bulldog is a handful already, I can't imagine having to deal with an agro full grown Fila.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    my Bulgarian sheperd (Karakachan) female:IMG_20180924_162103.jpg
    Was a rescue from a kill shelter in Bulgaria.
    Last edited by Neville; 06-19-20 at 03:15.
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's My Girl Lucky #5!

That's my girl Lucky (CJC Good Luck) #5 taking the win. She was a generally successful racer. What's funny is, you get to know their running style where I think I could pick her out of a race without knowing what number she was.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That's My Girl Lucky #5!

That's my girl Lucky (CJC Good Luck) #5 taking the win. She was a generally successful racer. What's funny is, you get to know their running style where I think I could pick her out of a race without knowing what number she was.
    I believe you. My male Dobe and my female Dobe (passed - still mourning her loss) had totally different running styles. She was a more balanced runner. Even and smooth. He runs with a more powerful rear leg pushing style. Like a male lion runs. He rarely kicks that gear in, but when he does, that extra gear is huge. His balanced sprint cruising gear was enough to run with the female. She would cut the corners to catch him, but the speed was about even. His power top gear would run her down quickly though...scary fast actually...cuz you don't expect it from him until you see it. Not quite Greyhound fast, but damn close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Two of my three dogs. The large dog is currently undergoing a kidney issue. We have had to take her to the vet for fluid therapy as she may be in renal failure. 20200502_124052.jpg
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsahak View Post
    Two of my three dogs. The large dog is currently undergoing a kidney issue. We have had to take her to the vet for fluid therapy as she may be in renal failure. 20200502_124052.jpg
    Sorry to hear.

Feedback Score
    Here is my old man. He is 12+ old GSP. Hips and back are giving him troubles, but he still loves to go for a ride in the truck and let me know about any wildlife in the backyard.

Attachment 62371

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    my Bulgarian sheperd (Karakatschan) female:IMG_20180924_162103.jpg
    Was a rescue from a kill shelter in Bulgaria.
    Sounds like a keeper!
    Last edited by Skipper; 05-14-20 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    Here is my old man. He is 12+ old GSP. Hips and back are giving him troubles, but he still loves to go for a ride in the truck and let me know about any wildlife in the backyard.

Attachment 62371

My last GSD was large, and old age hit him hard. I loved that dog as there was something very special about him. He was more than just a good dog. I talked to my vet, and got him on meds that made a massive difference. We enjoyed an additional 18 months with him, and his quality of life was great during that time. He was happy and healthy once again.

The thing that really got me was that the two or three meds were not expensive at all. Vet proofed was one of the meds, I think I posted what the other once’s are earlier in this thread. I will do this for each of my dogs from now on. There is no need for them to live in pain in their last days, and no reason to put them down early. In my house, I know my pack loves me, and I try to make sure they are loved in return. .
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    My last GSD was large, and old age hit him hard. I loved that dog as there was something very special about him. He was more than just a good dog. I talked to my vet, and got him on meds that made a massive difference. We enjoyed an additional 18 months with him, and his quality of life was great during that time. He was happy and healthy once again.

The thing that really got me was that the two or three meds were not expensive at all. Vet proofed was one of the meds, I think I posted what the other once’s are earlier in this thread. I will do this for each of my dogs from now on. There is no need for them to live in pain in their last days, and no reason to put them down early. In my house, I know my pack loves me, and I try to make sure they are loved in return. .
    I really appreciate that. They are great dogs and this is my second. We don't have kids, so he is our love for sure. We have him on a couple of meds, CBD oil, Asian herbs, and supplements. We looked into some therapies, but that can get expensive and not sure how much it would help. As you said, we just want him to in less pain and happy, which I think we are providing.

Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast