Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The adventures continue with the wild / feral pups. They enjoys lizards and snakes, but not as much as they enjoy toads and frogs. Even more amazing to me is that they seem to enjoy fishing. The pups will both stand motionless in the water or in the water and reeds and wait for fish, which they then grab. The odd part is that they don't eat the fish, or even bring them back to shore. Its more like they are just sharpening their skills... which I guess they might be doing. Regarding the toads, they kill them, then leave them out in the sun, and the next day or so later they chew on them like beef jerky (frog jerky). Odd, but great little companions.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting stuff Stick. Do you ever see a time where they may become more domesticated or too far gone?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Interesting stuff Stick. Do you ever see a time where they may become more domesticated or too far gone?

They are pretty caring beasts and have taken over the property as their own. They interact well with us, but but have an obvious mistrust of people, especially the smaller one. We have been able to get them house trained, though I’m less trusting of them than the other GSD. They are not food dominant, which is rather shocking to me.

Overall, they are doing well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That’s great to hear. The food thing is kinda odd all things considered. Then again, dogs are a good judge of character so I’m guessing you and your family put them at ease.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    That’s great to hear. The food thing is kinda odd all things considered. Then again, dogs are a good judge of character so I’m guessing you and your family put them at ease.

Dogs make me feel at peace as they play and run around. I tend to be wound pretty tight, but a dog with their head in my lap puts me at ease.

Our vet commented that when it comes to the way they eat, it’s probably too heavily engrained in them to change, so even them eating dog feeces and strange things, it’s just part of what they are. He feels the feeces eating is common, and often alters in behavior as they get older, but it’s all up in the air for feral pups.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Guys, if you have an old dog with hip or joint issues, you must try PetLab Co joint care treats. Two stories:
    Our 12 year old mini Schnauzer was dragging one leg bad and sleeping like 17 hrs a day. I felt she had 30 days. Started these treats and within the month she was jumping up on the coach. A remarkable difference.

Went over to my buddy’s house, he has a 110lb Golden lab (Doc) that was struggling to walk. I bought him a can of treats he told me he was doing great but didn’t know how good. He went up north for a day with his FIL, upon return he walked into the house and the FIL said Doc is still getting around like a puppy.

They take a long time to ship due to demand and COVID and you can give the suggested dosage for first two weeks or until your buddy is bouncing, then cut in half or a third. When you cut way down, you may see your puppy get worse but bounce right back upon proper dosage.

The shit is unreal.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-23-20 at 08:40.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Guys, if you have an old dog with hip or joint issues, you must try PetLab Co joint care treats. Two stories:
    Our 12 year old mini Schnauzer was dragging one leg bad and sleeping like 17 hrs a day. I felt she had 30 days. Started these treats and within the month she was jumping up on the coach. A remarkable difference.

Went over to my buddy’s house, he has a 110lb Golden lab (Doc) that was struggling to walk. I bought him a can of treats he told me he was doing great but didn’t know how good. He went up north for a day with his FIL, upon return he walked into the house and the FIL said Doc is still getting around like a puppy.

They take a long time to ship due to demand and COVID and you can give the suggested dosage for first two weeks or until your buddy is bouncing, then cut in half or a third. When you cut way down, you may see your puppy get worse but bounce right back upon proper dosage.

The shit is unreal.

PB
    How many comes in a jar? Doesn't say on their site.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

The shit is unreal.

PB
    Have you used the below?

STRELLALAB Hemp Treats + Glucosamine for Dogs - Hip & Joint Supplement - w/Hemp Oil + Protein - Chondroitin, MSM, Turmeric to Improve Mobility & Energy - Natural Joint Pain Relief, 120 Chews
    https://www.amazon.com/Pawesome-Hemp.../dp/B07T6B8HMH

Stick

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast