Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    3 of my black girls (GSD) are hanging out with me in cage right now. Pics like this are awesome, and remind me how good life is.

Can't remember if I already posted this one.

I've seen that look before. What aren't you giving her Stick???? They are better than people all day every day. And most times more intelligent. Having been a shedder caretaker for the better part of 30 years now they never cease to amaze me. This one and the last one engrained themselves onto my daughter. Ram lived for that kid and now so does Mako. That seals the deal for me.
    Last edited by Dutch110; 10-26-21 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    This is the one that makes me tear up every time. We lost him to epilepsy right before the pandemic. It was rough. Every morning he would climb up the ladder into her loft bed to wake her up for school. Then patrol the back yard when he knew the bus was coming. Running his loop until the big yellow can showed up to spit out his kid.

Ram

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    This is the one that makes me tear up every time. We lost him to epilepsy right before the pandemic. It was rough. Every morning he would climb up the ladder into her loft bed to wake her up for school. Then patrol the back yard when he knew the bus was coming. Running his loop until the big yellow can showed up to spit out his kid.

Ram
    Beautiful daughter and pup, but I have to admit I'm choked up after reading your post. There are just some things that bring up painful memories, and regardless of all the bad things I've done, and bad things that have happened to me... losing my various GSD over the years has been one of the worst (each time).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Beautiful daughter and pup, but I have to admit I'm choked up after reading your post. There are just some things that bring up painful memories, and regardless of all the bad things I've done, and bad things that have happened to me... losing my various GSD over the years has been one of the worst (each time).
    Thanks. She obviously gets her looks from her Mother.

My wife and I met walking our dogs. Me my first Rottie puppy and she her Dad's GSD. I think they were both around 6 months old at the time. Her Dad and I lived in the same development back then and she would come over and walk Major every day after work. He was a social misfit but loved Deacon. That started a relationship that has lasted 25 years and has included, and still includes, many a German dog. When I look back on all the good and the bad that happened over that timeframe each memory includes a dog. Coming home from the hospital after my daughter was born I brought her birthing cap with me and let each of the pups get a good whiff of her scent. After that they guarded her like the new member of the pack she was. One would sleep next to her crib, while the other across the door to her nursery. We never really needed a baby monitor. If she stirred one of them would wake us. So when each of them passes, I recall those good memories. And it makes the pain seem worth it on some level. I say that the end is when the bill comes due for that lifetime of loyalty and unconditional love they gave us. I can't imagine a life without dogs.
    Last edited by Dutch110; 10-28-21 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. She obviously gets her looks from her Mother.

My wife and I met walking our dogs. Me my first Rottie puppy and she her Dad's GSD. I think they were both around 6 months old at the time. Her Dad and I lived in the same development back then and she would come over and walk Major every day after work. He was a social misfit but loved Deacon. That started a relationship that has lasted 25 years and has included, and still includes, many a German dog. When I look back on all the good and the bad that happened over that timeframe each memory includes a dog. Coming home from the hospital after my daughter was born I brought her birthing cap with me and let each of the pups get a good whiff of her scent. After that they guarded her like the new member of the pack she was. One would sleep next to her crib, while the other across the door to her nursery. We never really needed a baby monitor. If she stirred one of them would wake us. So when each of them passes, I recall those good memories. And it makes the pain seem worth it on some level. I say that the end is when the bill comes due for that lifetime of loyalty and unconditional love they gave us. I can't imagine a life without dogs.
    Reminds me that I need to post up pics of my new pup. We just picked him up 2 days ago.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    New puppy pic?? Isn't that mandated in the bylaws somewhere???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    New puppy pic?? Isn't that mandated in the bylaws somewhere???
    It certainly should be for this section!!!!!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Livestock Guardian Dog -

We were told he was a Great Pyrenees, but my better half believes he is mixed with Anatolian Sheppard based on the mask. If he is a mix of those two things, that would make it exactly what my wife has been looking for. However, even if he is a full blood Great Pyrenees, that is great in my book. We wanted an outside dog that didn't care about the weather. This means we need to get another ten acres or so of property fenced in (or more), but that is all good stuff.

Stick

Feedback Score
    Oh wow. Can't wait to see how he turns out. And I agree, either breed is awesome. I think I'm siding with your better half on this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast