Thread: Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by veteran-USMC View Post
    A N.J. Dem. Senator -Loretta Weinberg proposed banning the following list of guns in NJ
    Just a heads up, that list is currently illegal... and has been the case since the early 1990s.

ARs aren’t illegal, unless it is a Colt with “AR-15” or “CAR-15” or has more that one evil feature (pistol grip, collapsible/folding stock, flash hider, grenade launcher, bayonet lug). NJ still has an active assault weapons ban on the books, which includes shotguns and pistols.

What happens after Murphy gets in is fair game... and probably will be on the level of California. I was here for the election (voted, as did my entire family and girlfriend; also talked a few people she works with out of voting if they were leaning Murphy), but will likely be leaving NJ within the next few months.

Semi-auto shotguns are tricky with NJ law. While the law reads you can only have one of four features (magazine over 6 rounds, detachable magazine, pistol grip, collapsible/folding stock), other parts of the law state the the pistol grip on a semi-auto shotgun is flat out illegal. It is complicated for a reason.

While a semi-auto shotgun is a good investment, if NJ proposes a law, grandfathering will likely not be included. That means all the guns/magazines people are buying will be illegal. Just something to consider... not saying to keep it and break the law, but pointing it out. Personally, I’d have to get some guns out of NJ (godmother lives in PA, so a cheap sheet metal safe and I’m good). If it occurs when I’m out of state before moving (FLETC), I’ll lock everything questionable in one safe and take both dial lock keys.

Even if I wasn’t already planning on leaving NJ, I’d likely be doing it now. I already know that I’ll probably be storing rifles/magazines that my father currently owns when I leave... at least until my parents get out of the state.
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-11-17 at 07:08.