Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Feedback Score

Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Gentlemen 2 days ago NJ elected a new Democratic Gov. who stated NJ will have stricter & tougher Gun Laws-will try to ban AR-15 rifles. I am looking into purchasing a semi-auto shotgun! I follow the rule of buying what my wife(5'tall & 135lbs.) can handle.
    What do shooters think of Mossbergs 20SA semi-auto shotgun? Also can a woman the size of my wife handle a Berreta 1300 semi-auto shotgun? Ranges in NJ don't rent shotguns in my area-- so its you have to know for sure what will work for your needs!
    Any suggestions on the above along with any recommended semi-auto shotguns that are reliable .This shotgun will be used solely for Home Defense.

PS I am a former Marine Veteran who has a lot of rifle experience & limited shotgun experience!
    Last edited by veteran-USMC; 11-09-17 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking for hunting or HD guns? I know the Beretta is pretty well regarded. But, no experience with the mossberg model. Also, some light 20s are worse to shoot than a little larger 12 depending on load and buttpad.

Where in NJ are you? I know last few times I been there the stores that I visited had a rather short selection to even handle, tgat said, Sarco has a bunch of shotguns of various models, lots of hunting guns, but others as well and some pretty cheap. They next to the Heritage guild which while theur prices aren't great has a decent gun selection and possibly ability to rent, I dont know honestly. Both right across the NJ/PA border in PA.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Looking for hunting or HD guns? I know the Beretta is pretty well regarded. But, no experience with the mossberg model. Also, some light 20s are worse to shoot than a little larger 12 depending on load and buttpad.

Where in NJ are you? I know last few times I been there the stores that I visited had a rather short selection to even handle, tgat said, Sarco has a bunch of shotguns of various models, lots of hunting guns, but others as well and some pretty cheap. They next to the Heritage guild which while theur prices aren't great has a decent gun selection and possibly ability to rent, I dont know honestly. Both right across the NJ/PA border in PA.
    This shotgun will be used for Home Defense. Have you ever shot a Berreta 1301 Tactical? I reside close to Toms River. Thank-you for your attention!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Like Kain said.. Most 20ga guns hurt more because they are lighter. 5' at 135 doesn't sound like she is frail but a shotgun isn't worth a damn if she doesn't practice with it. If it hurts her she won't do much practicing. I highly recommend lightweight 38cal revolvers for smaller people. A 642 S&W would be a good choice. BTW, I wouldn't recommend any Mossberg SA for home defence.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by TomMcC; 11-10-17 at 02:13. Reason: nbgacwit

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I though the Beretta 1301 was a range toy due to the magazine dump button fatal flaw
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I though the Beretta 1301 was a range toy due to the magazine dump button fatal flaw
    You are correct with that fatal flaw! I was told that a gunsmith could easily fix that button

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've shot a Remington Versamax in competition for the past few years. Very reliable and relatively soft-shooting.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Are you unable to get a Benelli M4, or M2 in NJ?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The fix for the 1301 "fatal flaw".

http://www.aridusindustries.com/prod...ch-and-shroud/
    Second place earns a body bag.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast