Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Are you unable to get a Benelli M4, or M2 in NJ?
    I can get either shotgun. The M4 is close to $2600.00-wow!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Code3Patriot View Post
    Many thanks for this info! Might help me swing towards the 1301

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran-USMC View Post
    This shotgun will be used for Home Defense. Have you ever shot a Berreta 1301 Tactical? I reside close to Toms River. Thank-you for your attention!
    No idea where Tom's River is. But if you are Close to Easton, it might be worth the day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Like Kain said.. Most 20ga guns hurt more because they are lighter. 5' at 135 doesn't sound like she is frail but a shotgun isn't worth a damn if she doesn't practice with it. If it hurts her she won't do much practicing. I highly recommend lightweight 38cal revolvers for smaller people. A 642 S&W would be a good choice. BTW, I wouldn't recommend any Mossberg SA for home defence.
    While I don't generally recommend shotguns for anything other than clays or hunting, and I say that having shot an inordinate amount of clays, for a woman, not knowing her proficiency with firearms, a .38 subnose is probably below a shotgun in the guns I would recommend for the same reason I generally don't care for light weight 20s, they recoil and aren't pleasant to shoot. And while something is better than nothing, get the girl something she likes shooting, especially for HD, because then she will want to shoot it and will practice with it.

Anyway, OP, can I ask why the desire for a semi auto shotgun for HD over something else? Like even a NJ legal AR with 15 round mags? Or are you banking on the shotguns not getting ****ed with by the new dickgrabber, I mean governor?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    No idea where Tom's River is. But if you are Close to Easton, it might be worth the day trip.

While I don't generally recommend shotguns for anything other than clays or hunting, and I say that having shot an inordinate amount of clays, for a woman, not knowing her proficiency with firearms, a .38 subnose is probably below a shotgun in the guns I would recommend for the same reason I generally don't care for light weight 20s, they recoil and aren't pleasant to shoot. And while something is better than nothing, get the girl something she likes shooting, especially for HD, because then she will want to shoot it and will practice with it.

Anyway, OP, can I ask why the desire for a semi auto shotgun for HD over something else? Like even a NJ legal AR with 15 round mags? Or are you banking on the shotguns not getting ****ed with by the new dickgrabber, I mean governor?

Good Morning Shooter! Presently I own a Tavor X95 -5.56 cal, rifle--sweetest rifle I have shot in my entire life. At 500 yards in the Marines I could hit the bullseye with a Colt M16--this rifle is even more accurate.
    A N.J. Dem. Senator -Loretta Weinberg proposed banning the following list of guns in NJ-

w. "Assault firearm" means:
    (1) The following firearms:
    Algimec AGM1 type
    Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"
    Armalite AR-180 type
    Australian Automatic Arms SAR
    Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms
    Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms
    Bushmaster Assault Rifle
    Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900
    CETME G3
    Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type
    Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series
    Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types
    Demro TAC-1 carbine type
    Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types
    FAMAS MAS223 types
    FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms
    Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns
    G3SA type
    Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1
    Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms
    M1 carbine type
    M14S type
    MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms
    PJK M-68 carbine type
    Plainfield Machine Company Carbine
    Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF
    SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types
    SKS with detachable magazine type
    Spectre Auto carbine type
    Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type
    Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types
    Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms
    USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun
    Uzi type semi-automatic firearms
    Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms

Weaver Arm Nighthawk.

Thank-fully our past Gov-Christy vetoed this proposal.
    A new Gov is in town-Gov. Murphy a Dem. who says he's going to reverse all of Christ's veto's!

My Tavor X95 is legal along with the AR-15 rifles. I wonder if this new Gov bans all AR-15 weapon systems if the companies who made such weapons can make them legal again? A few years ago NJ banned all AR-15 rifles and the companies of these weapons found ways to make them legal again. Truthfully I wish I was better at law so I could understand what just might happen in NJ. This Tavor cost me $1800.00 & I don't wish to lose this fine rifle. I,m just wondering if my weapon ends up being banned if you can still use it for home defense in a lethal encounter.

Your 500% right about points you made about a woman shooting a shotgun verus a Tavor rifle> my wife loves the Tavor and is dam accurate with this beauty of a rifle.
    PS Having fought for this country to have freedom is a joke because in NJ they are trying to take away all our 2nd amendment rights. Any opinions you have about the fore-mentioned -please share.

Time for more coffee!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would buy the Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I highly recommend lightweight 38cal revolvers for smaller people. A 642 S&W would be a good choice.
    You are probably in the minority on that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been splitting time for the last couple years between two 1301s. They are lightweight and easy to handle. My 5'2 wife is relatively recoil sensitive and doesn't have an issue shooting them.

They've been incredibly reliable. One has roughly 4,000 rounds through it. I can only remember one issue - a fte toward the end of a class when it was completely dry. A little lube and it's been excellent since. The other has about 2,000 rounds through it and had a few issues (FTEs) in class a few weeks ago, but that was when shooting from odd positions and ever single gun had issues (870s, 590s, 1301s, M4s, etc).

They also are inexpensive compared to a Benelli. At this point the 1301 is worth looking into, it has a lot going for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    It's out by the ocean. Not far from LBI, Seaside Hights, Point Pleasant. If you drew a straight line west you'd wind up in center City Philly. Easton would be about 1.5hr drive

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-10-17 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran-USMC View Post
    I can get either shotgun. The M4 is close to $2600.00-wow!
    They can be had for about $1600 if you dig.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I caught my M2 3 gun on sale for 1200 a few weeks ago. It was the 21" model and not the new version (24" barrel) but I was okay with that. I was very happy to snatch it up for that price!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd get the 1301, if it's in your budget.

Mine has been extremely reliable, and I don't pamper my defensive shotguns.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast