Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PD trade in 6520 - a couple questions.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh, that’s cool. Very nice!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great little gun. I bought a 6520 in 1994, right as the AWB was getting ready to kick off. This little gun was my, "Go To" gun for about 12-14 years. It was sold off as a Pre-Ban gun to someone in a ban state and replaced with a Colt 6720.

When I bought my 6520, red dot optics were not really an option. One had to learn to live with iron sights. If I were going to live with iron sights exclusively, then a 6520 would still be an excellent choice.

Feedback Score
    I like it! KISS all the way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tend to geek out over things like the Israeli police stamp on my MkII Hi Power, the label-maker "rack number" on the M16A1 buttstock I got from Numrich, and the name tag under the buttplate of my Swiss K31. So part of me would like to get in touch with Colt's archive department and get the history on my 6520, perhaps find out what police department it was purchased by etc... But I'm not sure I can really justify the $100 this service costs when I could spend that money on ammo instead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice rifle - Congrats!! If it could talk, I'm sure it would have some interesting stories to tell.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I tend to geek out over things like the Israeli police stamp on my MkII Hi Power, the label-maker "rack number" on the M16A1 buttstock I got from Numrich, and the name tag under the buttplate of my Swiss K31. So part of me would like to get in touch with Colt's archive department and get the history on my 6520, perhaps find out what police department it was purchased by etc... But I'm not sure I can really justify the $100 this service costs when I could spend that money on ammo instead.
    Nice looking. Are there any more avaiable where you got that one?

I'd bet Colt will still have the SN trace service when you are ready.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's cool! Almost bought one last year. My LGS had a bunch of 6520s from some LE Dept. Ultimately I ended up passing on them

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Really cool, OP. I like it. Have you had a chance to shoot it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Nice looking. Are there any more avaiable where you got that one?

I'd bet Colt will still have the SN trace service when you are ready.
    I got mine from CDNN, they had a variety of what seem to be mostly 1990s era Colt carbines at varying price points. I paid $799, which is similar to what you can sometimes find a *new* 6920 or 6720 for, but I specifically wanted one of Colt's older, out of production guns. I subsequently saw them advertised at another place...Summit Gun something or rather...for $100 less, but it's hard for me to complain too much.
    The exterior of mine is in such good shape that I suspect it probably spent most of it's time sitting in an armory or something rather than riding in a cruiser.

Really cool, OP. I like it. Have you had a chance to shoot it?
    Haven't shot it yet. I don't intend to really fire a lot of rounds through it, though I do want to verify function and zero. Hopefully in the next few days.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-10-17 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I got mine from CDNN, they had a variety of what seem to be mostly 1990s era Colt carbines at varying price points. I paid $799, which is similar to what you can sometimes find a *new* 6920 or 6720 for, but I specifically wanted one of Colt's older, out of production guns. I subsequently saw them advertised at another place...Summit Gun something or rather...for $100 less, but it's hard for me to complain too much.
    The exterior of mine is in such good shape that I suspect it probably spent most of it's time sitting in an armory or something rather than riding in a cruiser.
    Thanks! Found them: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...uestions/page3

I think my wife will probably ask me to wait, I just bought an RMR, plus have an RMR slide inbound. I hope they have one next month.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast