Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: PD trade in 6520 - a couple questions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great carbine, I need to get the upgrade bulb & reflector assembly for my light.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Great carbine, I need to get the upgrade bulb & reflector assembly for my light.

I’ve never seen that Handguard before...looks ridiculous by today’s standards, but I’m sure in its time it was a great piece of equipment. Pretty cool!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked up one of these 6520s myself last spring, what a gem of an AR! Mine was a PA state police trade in and came in a 6940 box. I originally had found the list circle 10 mentions by just googling my carbines serial number, its worth a try. Mine unfortunatley didnt come from the barracks down the road. Instead it came from somewhere south of Pittsburgh.

I havent found a date but Im thinking later 2000s on account of restricted lower, FA BCG, fat handguards, wafflestock, small trigger pins and standard take down pin.

Ive kept mine as I got it and consider it part of my "collection". Being as its actually been used in govt service it fits well. Shoots well with shall we say... a "tolerable" trigger and came with an aftermarket aluminum triggerguard installed. Shows signs of carry handle optic mount too, I may try to pick up a ta44 or 45 to have around for it.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 11-18-18 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Aimpoint goose neck works great on these carry handle rifles.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    #6520MasterRace

I'm hoping another batch of them hits the market at a time when I've got some extra cash.
    I might also be interested in one of the fixed stock variants, which I think may have had a couple different designations including the 6530, because I'm a weirdo who actually likes a lightweight carbine with a fixed stock (preferably A1 length though)

Just for photo purposes I stuck my 6520 upper on the lower from my M16A1 clone I built with a Brownells receiver and a Type D stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    #6520MasterRace

I'm hoping another batch of them hits the market at a time when I've got some extra cash.
    I might also be interested in one of the fixed stock variants, which I think may have had a couple different designations including the 6530, because I'm a weirdo who actually likes a lightweight carbine with a fixed stock (preferably A1 length though)

Just for photo purposes I stuck my 6520 upper on the lower from my M16A1 clone I built with a Brownells receiver and a Type D stock.
    One of my favorite setups is an A2 Lower with a 6720/6520 upper. It makes for a simple, very handy little rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    One of my favorite setups is an A2 Lower with a 6720/6520 upper. It makes for a simple, very handy little rifle.
    Yeah I've been a fan of the shorter barrel/fixed stock config for a while, both with carbine and Mid-length gas systems.
    My HD AR is a14.7" lightweight carbine upper on a lower with a rifle buffer and Brownells Type D repro stock. Eventually I may actually SBR it, and have a fixed stock gun with an 11.5" or 12.5" barrel.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-19-18 at 08:21.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I have a chance to get one of these. Question: What do you mean by "neutered front takedown pin?"
    It has the regular size hole with a double screw for the take down pin. Rhwower is not drilled for the takedown pins spring and detent. Here is an old thread that covers the issue.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-spring/page2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Mine actually turned out to have the proper milspec front takedown pin. I'm a happy camper. The only "issue" with mine is that the windage drum had to be moved off-center a half-dozen clicks to be zeroed, but it's still within parameters. I'm not sure if that's due to field abuse or it just came from the factory that way. I've never had to adjust the windage on an AR that much so I was somewhat surprised. I think it's adequately zeroed now, though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Mine actually turned out to have the proper milspec front takedown pin. I'm a happy camper. The only "issue" with mine is that the windage drum had to be moved off-center a half-dozen clicks to be zeroed, but it's still within parameters. I'm not sure if that's due to field abuse or it just came from the factory that way. I've never had to adjust the windage on an AR that much so I was somewhat surprised. I think it's adequately zeroed now, though.
    The rear aperture on mine ended needing to be similarly a bit off center to be zeroed.
    Last time I shot mine off a rest I managed to put 23 rounds of Federal XM193 into 4.75" at 100 yds and that was including a couple flyers that im sure were my fault, my eyes are bad enough that sometimes at that range the target kinda blurs into the front sight post.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast