Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SURG roundup

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    How long till cloners start buying Brownells Colt lowers and Virtus uppers for a SURG clone?

Supposedly the upper will be in tan 499. I wonder if the receiver end plate will match the lower or the upper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Come on, they already have the colt lowers. And they’ll get the surg before the guys using them in the mil get them. Just like the URG-I

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's been a few years. Here's some new stuff:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tract-5-years/
    https://laststandonzombieisland.com/...rgs-for-socom/

A few places (Impact and Bauer) taking preorders for limited releases of civilian SURG kits for Dec 2023 delivery.

I just want one of those titanium suppressor cages!

Feedback Score
    Larue is making a final limited run of their suurg uppers. One can be yours for only $2999.99.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ODgreenpizza View Post
    Larue is making a final limited run of their suurg uppers. One can be yours for only $2999.99.
    That's $1000 less than SIG's!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I think that is a winners vs losers thing. Win a contract, and everyone wants your product. Lose a contract, and you just have a product that lost. For example, had the DD RIS II not been awarded the contract, there is no way they would have seen the same sort of hype. KAC did something similar when it won the first contract.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    A real bargain, as it's a one stamper saving you an extra $200!!!

I think they're cool but that is crazy money for what they are, although the machine time for the burn guards must be crazy. I get they're trying to recoup R&D costs so I'll go be poor somewhere else.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SIG is selling SPEAR LT uppers now, for $1999, but apparently only in black, not FDE, if that matters.

If you already have a MCX Spear LT upper, you can just buy an 11" barrel for $799.

SLX suppressor for $1149(ish) plus $200 tax stamp

Stock adapter for $140(ish)

Stock for $200

That burn guard is apparently unobtanium, for now. Surprised no after-market companies like Strike Industries have made something similar. I'm sure it's a niche of a niche market.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SIG is selling SPEAR LT uppers now, for $1999, but apparently only in black, not FDE, if that matters.

If you already have a MCX Spear LT upper, you can just buy an 11" barrel for $799.

SLX suppressor for $1149(ish) plus $200 tax stamp

Stock adapter for $140(ish)

Stock for $200

That burn guard is apparently unobtanium, for now. Surprised no after-market companies like Strike Industries have made something similar. I'm sure it's a niche of a niche market.
    Modtac has something very similar and in my opinion might be better in some ways, having never handled the SURG heat shield it's hard to say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Modtac has something very similar and in my opinion might be better in some ways, having never handled the SURG heat shield it's hard to say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Modtac seems more similar to Larue's SURG solution. SIG's is, I believe, just a cage that bolts on to the suppressor. No contact with the handguard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123