Thread: Bungee Cord on my Sling?

Feedback Score

Bungee Cord on my Sling?

I just switched to the C-grip on my AR 15. Then, I watched a Frank Proctor video about the Proctor Sling. He uses paracord at either end to attach to the rifle---on the stock directly behind the buffer tube and on the front, wound around the farthest-front Pic. notch. This looked great to me. It was getting that belt and buckles and quick release devices off my body and off my rail where they always seemed to be in the way. But was this for me? I decided to experiment with my USGI sling.

I put paracord on the front and rear. Things were out of the way but it just wasn't as tight when I wound the sling up for stability. I replaced the paracord on the front, the front aprox. six inch loop, with bungee cord. This is the very thin bungee cord, not the standard thickness. It does wrap around better for the C-grip.

Question: If this is so good, I am not the first to think of this. So, if it is not universal, what is going to go wrong with this bungee cord thing? I strongly suspect unforeseen consequences.

What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    From experience, I think bungee wears out fairly quickly (losing it's "elasticity").
    Murphy's Law dictates; this WILL happen at the most inopportune time.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bungee doesn’t support the weapon as much as paracord or a standard non-stretch sling. I dumped the bungee sling my department gave me and went with a tradition webbing style.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Yeah, you guys are right. I'm going back to the original configuration and the USGI two point sling with the addition of a HK Snap Hook on the stock end for quick release.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can use paracord to make a front or rear sling attachment point by using a Prussik or Klemheist hitch on the forearm or butt. As long as there is tension on the sling, I think the cord would break (or crush the forearm/butt) before it would move.