Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FN 15 Patrol SBR 10.5"

Feedback Score
    I'll second the Colt 6933. It's proven. Bud's has them for $963 delivered.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'll second the Colt 6933. It's proven. Bud's has them for $963 delivered.
    That's a great price for a great gun.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Don't listen to anyone telling you that you have to spend $3K to get something that will work. That's just vanity talking.

I have a factory 6933 upper on my M16 lower and the only thing I've done to it is swap the handguards out for a DD Omega rail. It runs without a hitch.

Arms Unlimited has them in stock for $1,099 with free shipping.

By the time you spend money on the gun, rail, a barrel that has a pinned on gas block, and a silencer you will be easily over $3K
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    By the time you spend money on the gun, rail, a barrel that has a pinned on gas block, and a silencer you will be easily over $3K
    The OP said he didn't want to spend $3K on a rifle. He wasn't including the cost of a can in that price estimate. Regardless, a rail is no longer necessary and the 6933 already has a pinned FSB, so no need for a new barrel. So $963+200, plus $600 over at Silencer Shop for a can +$200, = $1,963 and you have a perfectly useable patrol rifle WITH a can. If he wants to optimize it, he could add a Magpul MOE M-LOK handguard with an flush mount QD swivel from IWC for about $50, then add a CTR Stock and BFG VCAS sling for about a C-Note more. Add an Aimpoint PRO w/mount + MBUS rear for another $550 and a light for another $100-200. You'd have a high quality SBR; Can; Optic; Light; Sling; Mounts & both tax stamps for under $2,800, that any patrol officer would be jealous of.

One does not need to spend $3K+ for a killer turnkey setup.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 11-22-17 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The OP said he didn't want to spend $3K on a rifle. He wasn't including the cost of a can in that price estimate. Regardless, a rail is no longer necessary and the 6933 already has a pinned FSB, so no need for a new barrel. So $963+200, plus $600 over at Silencer Shop for a can +$200, = $1,963 and you have a perfectly useable patrol rifle WITH a can. If he wants to optimize it, he could add a Magpul MOE M-LOK handguard with an flush mount QD swivel from IWC for about $50, then add a CTR Stock and BFG VCAS sling for about a C-Note more. Add an Aimpoint PRO w/mount + MBUS rear for another $550 and a light for another $100-200. You'd have a high quality SBR; Can; Optic; Light; Sling; Mounts & both tax stamps for under $2,800, that any patrol officer would be jealous of.

One does not need to spend $3K+ for a killer turnkey setup.

$600 doesn't get it done for a can.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    $600 doesn't get it done for a can.
    Are you on crack? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a DOZEN 5.56 cans under $600 over at Silencer Shop.

Feedback Score
    Things are getting exciting here. The can thing is way out. That won’t be approved for duty for years I’m sure. By then I would hope to have a nice collection. I got to shoot an SR15 Mod 2 CQB and I want one. Eventually. The 6933 was my other thought, but I kept seeing them around $1200. The huge gas port would be a turn off. No need for the rifle to beat itself up unnecessarily. Almost sounds like I just need to Form 1 my Colt and piece something together.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCASTLE View Post
    Things are getting exciting here. The can thing is way out. That won’t be approved for duty for years I’m sure. By then I would hope to have a nice collection. I got to shoot an SR15 Mod 2 CQB and I want one. Eventually. The 6933 was my other thought, but I kept seeing them around $1200. The huge gas port would be a turn off. No need for the rifle to beat itself up unnecessarily. Almost sounds like I just need to Form 1 my Colt and piece something together.
    That isn't a bad idea at all. Finding factory Form 4 SBR's can be a challenge, especially with good quality at a good price point.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Are you on crack? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a DOZEN 5.56 cans under $600 over at Silencer Shop.
    The only acceptable silencers for this type of project are a Surefire RC, Deadair, or a KAC MAMS. None of these are priced in the $600 range.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The only acceptable silencers for this type of project are a Surefire RC, Deadair, or a KAC MAMS. None of these are priced in the $600 range.
    Bullcrap.

Even IF that were true, the Dead Air Sandman-K is $569 at SS.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 11-27-17 at 11:16.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast