Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening new shop in NOVA

Feedback Score

Opening new shop in NOVA

So as some of you may know, I left Specdive Tactical. I am now in the process of opening my own shop in NOVA. As of Friday, we got Zoning done, occupancy permit, Corporation paperwork back, FFL sent off. We have some BIG accounts that are waiting finalization, and ordering has started. My work shop area is now 1800sqft, and machines are ready to be placed. Have added 6 new machines that will help in the finishing/bluing side. Bluing and Parkerizing tanks are ready. Airwall/paint booth is ordered. Monday we start demo of some of the offices that are not needed. Showcases came from the Nordstrom’s that was closed (very expensive, heavily built) Signage is being done next week. We will announce the grand opening when we get the FFL in hand. Look for update over the next 4-5 wks....

Feedback Score
    SOO, we are moving forward fast. As i type, the Architect is finalizing the drawings for the build out. I will update next week as to when we should be opening. ATF has our application and just waiting for them to grant the FFL.

Feedback Score
    So, 95% of demo is done, POS system inbound, distributors set up, security doors and bars going in, alarm system active, camera system going in next week. Build out starts right after Christmas. Still waiting on ATF, but that should be any day.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Never heard of Specdive Tactical, and where in NoVA is this new shop going to be?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not in NOVA,

But you sound like a standup company trying to build a presence in the community.

Please keep us posted. Even for those of us not in NOVA, if offering deals with shipping, I am sure you will garner a following here.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Opening new shop in NOVA

Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    We will have an online store and we will ship to any FFL. We will be located off of Rt 66, exit 44. We are 1/2 mike from Elite shooting sports indoor range, and within 2-3 exits of 3 well known outdoor shooting ranges/ clubs. Looking like early January we will do a soft open. Once I get back from SHOT Show and SCI ( Safari Club Int) Show, we will be doing a grand opening. As soon as the internet is up and running at the shop, I will let you all know the site and other info.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Following

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I live in Warrenton just past Gainesville, this is cool news. I typically use Triune for all my inbound FFL's but you sound like you would be more convenient based on location. I very much look forward to your grand opening. Also, someone recommended SPEC Dive for 1911 work, will you be offering any 1911 specific gunsmithing (not armorer) on the premises? Best of luck!
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-19-17 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Yes. I was the gunsmith at Specdive. I will be spending more time doing 1911 work. We will be doing mild to full custom where you will sit down with me and we will design your gun.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast