Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening new shop in NOVA

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Example of some of ACES 1911 handywork:

I essentially wanted to replicate this 10-8 gun:

I went a different route with the trigger and we flush cut the barrel along with a reverse crown. Love that gun!
    Last edited by themonk; 12-19-17 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.E.S. Tactical View Post
    Yes. I was the gunsmith at Specdive. I will be spending more time doing 1911 work. We will be doing mild to full custom where you will sit down with me and we will design your gun.
    Great news! You should post some of your work on 1911addicts.com , there are a lot of 1911 aficionados in the NoVA area.

Feedback Score
    Just so you all know, we are looking at buying a rifling machine. We have a stock duplicator ordered, but we want to be 100% full service. At the shop now finishing a last minute demo to prep for rewire of the shop and retail area. Have a Great and safe New Year.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Example of some of ACES 1911 handywork:

That is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Here is some more of his handiwork:

Myself, Jim and another buddy put together a few rifles for charity (SOC-F). We wanted the guns to be rifles we would actually use. With the help of some great companies like Geissele, DD, Magpul, SMOS, SureFire, Vortex, Tactical Distributors we were able to build some kick ass rifles.

When we were doing the build I had donated a GFY upper and lower set from SMOS. Companies were sending in the their donations and Geissele sent us their brand new mk14 which had just been released. Because of the upper anti-rotation tabs on the mk14 you can't use a billet upper reciver. Jim was unfazed. In 5 min had measured and thrown the upper in the mill and created this:

A perfectly mated SMOS upper reciver and Geissele rail.

I was able to convince him to work on an older Arsenal AK74 I had. It had already gone in for a barrel cut down and Bolten block. My goal was to add a triangle folding stock and rethread it so i could run a can on it. Jim proceed to fully disassemble the Arsenal, rebuild it from the ground up with a 14.5 pinned with a 51T battlecomp, cut in for the folding stock, parkerize the whole gun, acuraise it and then cerakote with a dark burnt bronze:

To update the sling swivel he cut out the old swivel and welded in a Magpul QD mount (looks like it came that way from russia):

Now it's an MOA gun with Silver Bear:

To say I was blown away was an understatement. He essentially built me my dream AK.
    Last edited by themonk; 12-30-17 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Did the shop location get published yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not yet. We are trying to finish build out at the moment. We have run into some issues with permits, but have just gotten word that they are approved. Demo is done and rewiring the whole building is going on as i type. I can tell you that we are off of the 66 at exit 44. Alot has gone into this project, money, time, sweat, anger, and happiness. This is an experience that will be worth it once done. I will be at SHOT show and SCI (Safari Club International) to get all of my ordering done. We will have guns in stock that NO ONE else will, due to connections of mine and my business partner. We will have a certified armorer on duty everyday that will be able to do all of the armorer level work customers need. He is starting his courses in February and will be going to Colt, Glock, Beretta, Springfield, S&W, Remington, Benelli, HK, FNH, SIG, Mossberg, and Ruger. We will also have a sales staff with intimate knowledge of the gun industry. My goal is to make sure that my company gives the highest customer service at the best prices coupled with good to great turn around times for gunsmithing and customer orders. We are looking at a Grand Opening of Early February, due to the permit issues that came up last week. We are within 2 wks of ATF approval, and then the fun (and long hours) begin. Once I have a set date for the Grand Opening, I will post it here so any of you that can come, will.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    We are moving to Herndon in 5 weeks. Where exactly is your shop? It looks like NOVA armament is the real close to us. Thats not you guys right?

Feedback Score
    ADDRESS;

C&R Firearms, Ltd
    12185 Balls Ford Rd.
    Manassas, VA 20109

We are hoping to open by March 1st. We are 75-80% finished with the whole shop. The next two weeks will be the final push. We are waiting on final sign off by Prince William Co. with permits and zoning update. Feel free to stop by while we are finishing.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.E.S. Tactical View Post
    ADDRESS;

C&R Firearms, Ltd
    12185 Balls Ford Rd.
    Manassas, VA 20109
    So you're right down the street from Elite Shooting Sports?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast