Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a solutions for adding a tek lok or belt clip to PALS webbing?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Is there a solutions for adding a tek lok or belt clip to PALS webbing?

I don't do the battle belt setup and instead clip things on and off of my edc belt as I need them. I would like to attach a tek-lok or belt clip to the back of the Dark Angel Medical D.A.R.K. lite kit so I can keep it in my backpack and clip it to my belt as needed, such as when I'm working the range as an RSO or when I know my backpack is not close at hand. I want to avoid having to thread onto the belt and prefer a quick attach/detach method. The only exception is when I'm wearing an OWB holster, that's the only thing I put up with threading on. I have clip on solutions for all my mag pouches, flashlight, iwb holster, and tourniquet; the trauma kit is the last piece of the puzzle. Is there an off the shelf solution out there for attaching a tek-lok or belt clip to a pouch with PALS webbing? My normally adequate google skills are failing me on this.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Possibly use these? Blade Tech Molle Lok’s

https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Tech-In.../dp/B00B9GE0CS
    I think my belt would probably be too thick. I wonder if the molle loks can attach to a tek lok? That would be pretty cool, the belt clip could be removed from the pouch quickly.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seant8 View Post
    I think my belt would probably be too thick. I wonder if the molle loks can attach to a tek lok? That would be pretty cool, the belt clip could be removed from the pouch quickly.
    It looks like they would, given the screw holes and hardware. I’d be concerned it’d be too ‘floppy’. I’d order up the pieces you think might work and just get to it trying to get it to work. I think if you want to just use the Tek Lok you’d need to pierce the med kit cordra and fashion a ‘backer plate’ inside it for the hardware and to stiffen the connection. Sell off what doesn’t work in the EE.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have the Molle-Lok, and it does not fit most belts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As luck would have it, I had a molle lok and tek lok in my tool bag that I took off other pouches last year. The holes line up perfectly between the two. So it looks like you can interface a pouch with molle loks that are attached to a tek lok with no problem. The molle lok is extremely thin so I don't think it would add a lot of bulk. The pouch would have to have full rows of pals on the back. It looks like the HSGI Bleeder/Blowout pouch is a good candidate for this.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seant8 View Post
    As luck would have it, I had a molle lok and tek lok in my tool bag that I took off other pouches last year. The holes line up perfectly between the two. So it looks like you can interface a pouch with molle loks that are attached to a tek lok with no problem. The molle lok is extremely thin so I don't think it would add a lot of bulk. The pouch would have to have full rows of pals on the back. It looks like the HSGI Bleeder/Blowout pouch is a good candidate for this.
    So you're saying MOLLE pouch to MOLLE Lok then screw the MOLLE Lok to the Tek Lok? That's interesting. I don't really love any of the 2.25 inch belt slot AR magazine pouches, but most police gear is designed for that belt size, so you're kind of stuck with it.

OP, right now I'm using a low ride panel from Downrange Gear to attach a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed AR mag pouch to my duty belt. It works pretty decent but, since in my case its on a duty belt, I've been looking for something a little more locked down. In fairness, this hasn't failed me in any way in the approximately 6 months I've had it. It did take a little while to get though.

http://downrangegear.net/Down_Range_...ide_Panel.html

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    So you're saying MOLLE pouch to MOLLE Lok then screw the MOLLE Lok to the Tek Lok? That's interesting. I don't really love any of the 2.25 inch belt slot AR magazine pouches, but most police gear is designed for that belt size, so you're kind of stuck with it.

OP, right now I'm using a low ride panel from Downrange Gear to attach a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed AR mag pouch to my duty belt. It works pretty decent but, since in my case its on a duty belt, I've been looking for something a little more locked down. In fairness, this hasn't failed me in any way in the approximately 6 months I've had it. It did take a little while to get though.

http://downrangegear.net/Down_Range_...ide_Panel.html
    Yes, the tek lok would screw into the molle loks, and the molle loks snap into the PALs. Looks like it would work well. I may not have to pursue this hardware drama as I just discovered the Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Kit Now pouch, which can be ordered with hook and loop belt loops and may serve my needs just fine as a quick attach trauma kit.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Cool, I'll have to keep this in mind. I also feel like a fool for not following the thread closely enough to notice that you are the OP.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast