Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf 9x39mm

Feedback Score
    So, you have never see the pictures of someone shot a 300 blk in a 5.56mm chamber and blown it up?

People reload because good 300 blk ammo are expensive, and not everyone is setup to do reload or want to do it.

Just look at 6.5 Grendel, it was a niche caliber with very good but expensive ammo and component for a long time. Just look at what happen now when Wolf finally release steel case 6.5G ammo that's surprisingly decent for regular folks. Now every one are making 6.5G. Not everyone need a sub-MOA gun at a 1000 yds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    VSS Vintorez ammo?

Meh, I hate Soviet ammo but part of me wants a troll upper now.

As much as I am over AKs, I admit that the Vintorez still looks neat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
    So, you have never see the pictures of someone shot a 300 blk in a 5.56mm chamber and blown it up?

People reload because good 300 blk ammo are expensive, and not everyone is setup to do reload or want to do it.

Just look at 6.5 Grendel, it was a niche caliber with very good but expensive ammo and component for a long time. Just look at what happen now when Wolf finally release steel case 6.5G ammo that's surprisingly decent for regular folks. Now every one are making 6.5G. Not everyone need a sub-MOA gun at a 1000 yds.
    No, never. I don't go looking for it either. I'm sure people have done that with guns too.. Never gotten ammo mixed up for my G19/23 or G17/22. Never between my identical AKs in 7.62 and 5.45. I haven't seen it and don't get it. Takes half a second to look at what you pick up.

And good 9x39 will be expensive. People will want to reload that too but no brass

6.5 is cool but it didn't replace or kill anything. It just became a little more popular

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-25-17 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    For this cartridge to work ....economically, it will need to be Americanized. No .365 diameter bullets currently exist. Make it take common .355/.356 diameter 9mm bullets and it may have a chance....maybe. If this is marketed as a 9MM subsonic, it will have to be compatible with current 9mm suppressors. In it's current form, it's really "iffy" in a 9mm can. I wouldn't shoot it with any of MY 9mm cans.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This isn’t killing anything. Unless someone starts importing the VSS Vintorez, SR-3 or AS-VAL, this thing is pretty much dead in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    This isn’t killing anything. Unless someone starts importing the VSS Vintorez, SR-3 or AS-VAL, this thing is pretty much dead in the water.

Something will start to trickle in. They mentioned AR uppers and there's a company making some sort of VSSlike rifle but for $3k

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    IWI Galil Ace in this caliber would be cool

Feedback Score
    Making it 'Merianized for reloader, making it expensive or only work in some oddball weapon, that's what new calibers going to die.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
    Making it 'Merianized for reloader, making it expensive or only work in some oddball weapon, that's what new calibers going to die.
    The only weapon system this cartridge has any potential to do well in is one of the combloc AK based rifles. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to buy an AR-15/upper chambered in this round other than to be different, and not many people, even gun owners, are that retarded. Everything 9x39 does, 300 BLK does better. It’s cool that’s it’s finally coming to America, but this is absolutely not a 300 BLK killer and at best, it has potential to maybe stay alive.

Feedback Score
    Wolf and other manufacturers will probably offer uppers with nitrided barrels. Not sure if I am a sample of one but the only extraction issues I've had with steel-cased ammo (5.45x39) was with a nitrided barrel. Ex-ComBloc manufactured weapons to be imported will likely have chromed barrels/chambers but American makers will cheap out.

The idea someone mentioned of making it a true .355 caliber for the American market is a good one. If you figure that 300BLK supers are roughly half the weight of subs (110-120gr vs 220gr) a *decent* super in 9x39 would be in the 135gr range. Then they'd have to be aerodynamic as opposed to just loading blunt pistol bullets at 2100fps in the hope of hitting accurately at 200 meters.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12