Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Anyone know if my Glock 17 with agency double chamber comp will fit in this holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G17 with Agency single-chamber comp fits in the X300 holster. I doubt the double-chamber comp would fit without cutting the muzzle-end of the holster.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Perun LC for G19 w/ TLR7/8 is now shipping.

RCS website: Link.
    Breach-Bang-Clear article: Link.
    Soldier Systems Daily article: Link.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    RCS will be bringing IWB conversion kits for the Perun to market eventually.

And RCS says that the holster works best with X300U-Bs, but X300U-As will also work (they just won't fit as well) and they do not recommend using the holster with X200s.
    End of January 2020, did RCS abandon plans for an IWB kit for the Perun (LC) and/or LC versions of the Eidolon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Wanna know why we didn't launch with a Shield model?

Because S&W customers don't vote with their wallets. And I say that as a guy who prefers the Shield to the G43.

The M&P users (full-size, compact, and Shield models combined) are some of the most vocal customers out there, begging for product support and complaining when we don't deliver a product to them. Case in point, when the VG2 first hit the market, M&P users were apoplectic that we didn't concurrently launch one for THEIR pistol, too. So we immediately threw all of our resources into bringing the product to market, and upon launch, the M&P VG2 was greeted with crickets and tumbleweed. As a matter of fact, within weeks of the launch, the same voices who had begged for the M&P VG2 simply changed their tune and NOW wanted the VG2 for the Shield.

The Glock VG2 design and tooling paid for itself within 90 days of launch. The M&P VG2 still hasn't sold enough units to break even, and it's been selling for YEARS.

Flash forward to the Shield VG2. There are, conservatively speaking, probably 8-10x more Shields in the hands of consumers than there are G43's. Yet the sales totals for the G43 vs Shield are INVERSE of the number of guns produced.

And, copying what I had stated in the comments on the SSD press-release about the Perun:

"We have Phantom and Phantom LC sales data that goes back to the launch of the S&W M&P. The sad truth is that if you combine the total sales of our holsters sold for M&P Full Size, M&P .45, M&P Compact, M&P .45 Compact AND all of the corresponding light compatible variants, that total is still LESS than, for example, the HK VP-9 (which has been on the market for a fraction of the time, and is just ONE model)."

Everyone talks down to me like I'm an idiot because I didn't launch my brand new holster line (which took almost two solid years to design and test) with models for their favorite pet pistol, even though they didn't buy the last four holster models I produced for that same exact gun.

Well, here's your chance to shine, M&P fans: In a few weeks, you'll have a Perun for the Shield. I predict sales will be mediocre, at best. I predict that immediate feedback will be that you instead want it for a Shield with TLR-6. Or that you don't know why I bothered making a strong-side holster for a sub compact pistol because you prefer to carry it AIWB (even though sales of the VG2 say otherwise). Or that you wish I had produced it in FDE to match your FDE frame pistol.

I would love it if you guys would prove me wrong. But I suspect I will instead end up revisiting this same conversation, and copy-and-pasting these same comments into a new thread when we launch the updated Eidolon.

The "shake the holster upside down while it's off your body" test proves nothing, since the holster isn't designed to retain the weapon that way. It is designed to retain the pistol while being worn on a belt. Determining retention by shaking the holster is akin to buying a new set of tires for your car and dragging them, unmounted, across your driveway by hand to see if they have "enough traction." In fact, in nearly 100% of the adjustment requests where we are asked to increase the retention on a holster, we end up seeing those holsters back within a week to be loosened back to their original retention. This is because if we make the holster tight enough to retain a loaded gun inverted off the body, once you put it ON, the retention is almost too tight to draw.
    Speaking only for myself. I purchased my first M&P in January of 2014, had ATEi do a few things to it and asked him what is a good holster, he said look at Raven. I bought a Raven Phantom light compatible holster for it. The order totaled $160.96, order id was 200526.
    A few years went by and I saw the elidon holster somewhere and said ok I need this, nope Glock only.

At that point I stopped looking at the Raven site.
    I can't speak for others but I'm not going to beg a company for something I want. I would have gladly purchased the elidon but it wasn't made for the M&P.

I bought a vanguard for the shield a year or so ago on eBay as a impulse purchase and didn't like it, so it went into "the box".

About a year ago I switched lights on my M&P so I emailed Raven to see if they would make a new Phantom for it with the TLR-2, Nope.

Myself and most of the guys I shoot with have had to find other companies to make what we wanted.

I have only bought 5 holsters in the last half dozen years (two Phantom and one elidon could have came from Raven but they don't make what was needed so I had to get different holsters elsewhere), so I'm not the guy that will put your kids through Harvard.
    I also get that you can't make everyone happy so I filled my needs elsewhere, just pointing out it isn't because I'm cheap but because you don't sell what I need.

For the record I am NOT talking down to you, I am giving you examples of why people might not be buying from you.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Speaking only for myself. I purchased my first M&P in January of 2014, had ATEi do a few things to it and asked him what is a good holster, he said look at Raven. I bought a Raven Phantom light compatible holster for it. The order totaled $160.96, order id was 200526.
    A few years went by and I saw the elidon holster somewhere and said ok I need this, nope Glock only.

At that point I stopped looking at the Raven site.
    I can't speak for others but I'm not going to beg a company for something I want. I would have gladly purchased the elidon but it wasn't made for the M&P.

I bought a vanguard for the shield a year or so ago on eBay as a impulse purchase and didn't like it, so it went into "the box".

About a year ago I switched lights on my M&P so I emailed Raven to see if they would make a new Phantom for it with the TLR-2, Nope.

Myself and most of the guys I shoot with have had to find other companies to make what we wanted.

I have only bought 5 holsters in the last half dozen years (two Phantom and one elidon could have came from Raven but they don't make what was needed so I had to get different holsters elsewhere), so I'm not the guy that will put your kids through Harvard.
    I also get that you can't make everyone happy so I filled my needs elsewhere, just pointing out it isn't because I'm cheap but because you don't sell what I need.

For the record I am NOT talking down to you, I am giving you examples of why people might not be buying from you.
    Could also be the fact that Glock, and Sig P320's are dominating the market when it comes to accessories the last few years, and a company knows what pays the bills.

You have several options of companies that make holsters for damn near everything out like Bravo concealment, Gcode, etc.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    End of January 2020, did RCS abandon plans for an IWB kit for the Perun (LC) and/or LC versions of the Eidolon?
    I have no idea what's going on at RCS. I don't remember the last time I saw or heard any news from them. And their Facebook page hasn't posted anything on their holsters that I can recall in a long while. And their Facebook page banner thing is still for the G19/TLR7/8 that I posted about on here over a year ago.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I have no idea what's going on at RCS. I don't remember the last time I saw or heard any news from them. And their Facebook page hasn't posted anything on their holsters that I can recall in a long while. And their Facebook page banner thing is still for the G19/TLR7/8 that I posted about on here over a year ago.
    Their website is not much different either. Minus some 320 stuff
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know RCS did some LE contract stuff with the Perun. They are very much alive, but I think "new" products have been put on the back burner.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m looking for OWB holster for pistol training courses for G19x w/ x300. Would you choose Bravo Concealment or RCS Perun for this? Is there another better option for this combo? I don’t intend to work from battle belt so I would like to avoid buying another safariland holster with ubl.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use a Raven Perun for my P320. It carries nice and tight, is all day comfortable, and I greatly prefer the gun shaped holster over the square kydex sheet holsters everyone else makes.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast