Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    From their website : {The holster is injection molded from a proprietary, extremely high-strength polymer blend that is significantly more durable than Kydex or Boltaron. Like all RCS products, it is made in the USA, and is backed by our lifetime warranty.}

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Ok, I'll be "that" guy here. I expected more from RCS's new hotness than a house-made version of the Blade Tech Total Eclipse with a giant RCS logo. I'm disappointed.
    Yes and no. Certainly not what I was expecting, but it's nice to get a minimalist style holster that is high quality. I'll grab one for my G43.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a review of the holster by Dave Spaulding : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjHMRwzvqs

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I got mine today and modded it. I like it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    What did you use to cut it?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the supposed purpose of the raised "flaps" you cut off in front? Do they add anything to the retention tension of the material? I assume not since you cut them off and feel comfortable with the retention, right? I can see the rear one acts as a protector between gun metal and skin or clothing. But the front one seems extraneous. Anyway, looks like a good mod, any regrets?

I was looking at the Bladetech for OWB, but this one looks good and a great price.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    What is the supposed purpose of the raised "flaps" you cut off in front? Do they add anything to the retention tension of the material? I assume not since you cut them off and feel comfortable with the retention, right? I can see the rear one acts as a protector between gun metal and skin or clothing. But the front one seems extraneous. Anyway, looks like a good mod, any regrets?

I was looking at the Bladetech for OWB, but this one looks good and a great price.
    Are you talking about the sweat guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post

The holster body is ambidextriousis, so it can be worn on either the right side or left side, so sweat guards are included on both sides. Change the belt loops to change the cant (0 or 10 degrees) and also to change the side you want to wear it on. I carry right side so the outside sweatguard serves absolutely no purpose for me other than *slightly* getting in the way when reholstering the pistol. Cutting it off *does not* change the retention at all. I new I would be modding it before I ordered it, and have absolutely no regrets at all about modding it. I used a hacksaw blade in a small blade holder, a 6 inch file, some fine grit black sandpaper and some flitz polish. I worked the edge down about 1/8 inch with the file from where I cut it with the hacksaw blade and then smooth it with the sandpaper and FLITZ polish. Below is a link with info on the holster.

http://www.rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-19/
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-17-17 at 01:23.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You're not "that guy."

A coworker brought his Perun over as soon as he got it. I happened to be rocking the Eclipse that day, and we both got a good chuckle over the similarities.

If they made a light-bearing version, 10/10 would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Ok, I'll be "that" guy here. I expected more from RCS's new hotness than a house-made version of the Blade Tech Total Eclipse with a giant RCS logo. I'm disappointed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll wait for the Phantom line to come back. Bring back the Ghost line and guarantee my future business.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast