Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you use the adjustment strap on your Vickers sling?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    Why not adjust your sling for your strong side - where most all of your shooting is done? For moving to your weak side, unclip the fastex and not worry about the sling at all. One hook, click, bang, done.
    But then what if you need to transition or go hands free?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoni
    But then what if you need to transition or go hands free?

It clips back together just as quick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As Harv explained, the sling attached closer to the lower receiver/buffer tube junction is a winner configuration.

Transitions to prone were easier. COM shots at 50 yards from low ready to standing were just as fast as before (with the sling threaded through the horizontal slot in the stock). Kneeling was about the same. Transitions to weak side were a lot easier, though I still have to drop my left arm out of the sling.

I'm keeping it that way in the back. I doubt I will move the fwd attachment back towards the delta ring, though. I use the sling as a shooting support, particularly in kneeling and prone and I thread my hand between the sling and a handguard for support. Some techniques learned in the yellow glass range are good across the board..........

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks again to everyone for sharing your thoughts! It's given me some things to think about.

Assuming the sling will be mounted at the endplate and near the barrel nut, how are you guys using the Vickers sling for supporting off-hand shooting? Are you just cinching it tight or slipping your arm through it like using a hasty sling?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12