Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Found it at work? More info please?
    I was working for a Sheriff's Department. I looked in the closet of the office I was assigned. On the floor of the closet I saw this gem partially covered in spare uniforms and a BB gun.

I looked at another deputy and said what's that! He said it's an air soft rifle. We use it in training senarios. I said no it isn't. Hand me that. I'd never seen let alone held one.

I talked to the Captain and showed him it needed a CH. I took these photos and shared them with a local class 3 dealer and with you folks. It looks like it was taken out of service years ago when the CH broke! Does anyone know when these were made? It it's transferable that would be very cool. I have a feeling it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-27-18 at 02:44.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I was working for a Sheriff's Department. I looked in the closet of the office I was assigned. On the floor of the closet I saw this gem partially covered in spare uniforms and a BB gun.

I looked at another deputy and said what's that! He said it's an air soft rifle. We use it in training senarios. I said no it isn't. Hand me that. I'd never seen let alone held one.

I talked to the Captain and showed him it needed a CH. I took these photos and shared them with a local class 3 dealer and with you folks. It looks like it was taken out of service years ago when the CH broke! Does anyone know when these were made? It it's transferable that would be very cool. I have a feeling it's not.

These were definitely made during the era of transferable MGs, but very few were actually registered. Check the S/N with the ATF. If it's not transferable, it's still worth a pile to a class 7 FFL or similar as a pre 86 dealer sample.
    Look into it and let us know!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    These were definitely made during the era of transferable MGs, but very few were actually registered. Check the S/N with the ATF. If it's not transferable, it's still worth a pile to a class 7 FFL or similar as a pre 86 dealer sample.
    Look into it and let us know!
    I will. Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3262AB09-BE84-4532-9692-1BAD4B31FF25.jpg Circa 1997 ArmaLite AR10A2 with an AR15A2NM
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 03-07-19 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownell's BRN-10. Probably the closest many of us will ever get to a real AR10.

These first batches are patterned after the early Cuban guns. I wonder if Brownell's plans a perforated barrel shroud with bayonet lug to create a Sudanese pattern. I also wonder if Brownell's plans to recreate a Portuguese handguard. I think everyone liked that look and a decent quality half plastic/half metal forend might possibly appeal to not only AR10 people but also AR15 rifle people.

Anyway, the only thing right now--especially since Brownell's is selling a retro waffle mag--that's "wrong" with the gun is the pistol grip. The A1 pattern is the wrong profile. Brownell's is working on a new style that should more closely resemble the AR10 style. It will hopefully be available next month.

https://youtu.be/WjTHxZrrUko

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 03-09-19 at 09:41.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another one

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now with 100% more authentic grip.

There's not much left to complain about. Brownell's has really knocked it out of the park style-wise. A few minor issues still exist but nothing that will keep me from enjoying the rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another one in different lighting

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I got one of those pistol grips to put on my ArmaLite, I didn't wind up liking it. Maybe I'm too used to what I already have on there, but the edges behind the trigger guard just didn't feel natural to me. I RIT dyed it to match the original color, now I'm not sure what to do with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got one of those pistol grips to put on my ArmaLite, I didn't wind up liking it. Maybe I'm too used to what I already have on there, but the edges behind the trigger guard just didn't feel natural to me. I RIT dyed it to match the original color, now I'm not sure what to do with it.

Yeah the grip is a little different in terms of feel. But I like it from the aesthetics standpoint.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast