Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf11B View Post
    Would love to have a Portuguese AR10.
    I'm surprised Brownell's didn't make a Portuguese model since that's probably the most recognized (and coolest looking) AR-10 variant.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm surprised Brownell's didn't make a Portuguese model since that's probably the most recognized (and coolest looking) AR-10 variant.

Agreed, especially to since it was the variant that saw a lot of combat and if I remember correctly the most produced variant by AI. My fingers are crossed that Brownells will make a Portuguese variant.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf11B View Post
    Agreed, especially to since it was the variant that saw a lot of combat and if I remember correctly the most produced variant by AI. My fingers are crossed that Brownells will make a Portuguese variant.
    Or that someone will make a fairly close copy of the forend.

Ideally we'd see a model with the gas settings and the forward assist charging handle but I'd probably be happy with just a decent forend.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Or that someone will make a fairly close copy of the forend.

Ideally we'd see a model with the gas settings and the forward assist charging handle but I'd probably be happy with just a decent forend.

As long as its a close copy and doesn’t break the bank I’d be happy. Or get lucky and get one of those parts kits builds that were sold in the early 90s as a reasonable price. I know more recently some of the Sudanese AR10s have popped up in Africa and the Middle East in photos.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It seems like the real parts kit guns pop up every quarter or so on gunbroker. They sell at auction for $4000-$5000 depending on condition and accessories.

Cool and interesting but too much for me.

Feedback Score
    It seems like the real parts kit guns pop up every quarter or so on gunbroker. They sell at auction for $4000-$5000 depending on condition and accessories.

Cool and interesting but too much for me.

Haven’t seen one of those on GB for awhile now, but yes very pricy.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Probably due to the Port variant has stamped metal & plastic handguards. designing and tooling up to make metal stamping would cost a lot.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    Probably due to the Port variant has stamped metal & plastic handguards. designing and tooling up to make metal stamping would cost a lot.
    Yeah that's probably right.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Where can I get a replacement AR10 intergral carry handle charging handle? I found an AR10 in a closet at work a few days ago. The charging handle is broken.

What ever happened with this? Enquiring minds want to know.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast