Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My buddy took his C1 off and put on a Brownells. He seems to prefer it. I personally also find the Cavalry-style swivel offputting.
    7B114A72-3E43-4532-BF71-4770D514FCAC.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I actually temporarily put a Brownells brown set on my A1 clone to do the whole "Fallout: New Vegas" Service Rifle thing.

After that I put the brown buttstock, as well as a Brownells black stock, to use on two non-Retros.

I'm starting to really prefer a fixed stock on ARs, and I'm pretty happy with the Brownells units so far. Because of the buttstock sling mounts I use, getting into a storage compartment would be a bit of a PITA anyway and I like the light weight of the repro "Type D" vs a heavier "Type E" A1 stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post

So I got the Brownell's retro A1 stock in brown. It was too light in color (I knew that before I bought it), so I RIT dyed it to match my other furniture.
    My rifle currently has the Cavalry C1 stock on it, and I didn't like the look of the sling swivel channel on the side. Having both stocks side by side now though, I don't really like the Brownell's one any more than the Cavalry... It feels cheaper, the texturing isn't as nice, and I lose the storage compartment. I like the retro look, but I'm thinking that I should just leave the C1 on.
    What do you guys think?
    I'd like to do that same dye to mine. What rit color did you use to make the match?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by herd118 View Post
    I'd like to do that same dye to mine. What rit color did you use to make the match?
    Dark Brown. It's simple! I also dyed my M&P45 that color, looks great.

And here are some of the AR10B with my Springfield M1 Garand

Feedback Score
    I recently built an integral carry handle circa 1997 ArmaLite AR10A2 20'' Rifle ( No FA with Green A2 furniture & all period correct parts ) the traditional retro AR way .Starting with one part ( Stripped original ArmaLite upper ) and love this rifle to death ( it took me into the 7.62x51 realms )

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    I recently built an integral carry handle circa 1997 ArmaLite AR10A2 20'' Rifle ( No FA with Green A2 furniture & all period correct parts ) the traditional retro AR way .Starting with one part ( Stripped original ArmaLite upper ) and love this rifle to death ( it took me into the 7.62x51 realms )
    No pictures makes me sad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    No pictures makes me sad.
    If there was a little paperclip I could click on and attach some from my IPhone or laptop that would help ... (Otherwise it looks pretty vanilla except it has FH and bayo lug in pics ,and a McGowan barrel )

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Where are all the retro AR-10s?

Where can I get a replacement AR10 intergral carry handle charging handle? I found an AR10 in a closet at work a few days ago. The charging handle is broken.

Last edited by usmcvet; 03-11-18 at 22:59.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These still only show as “pre order” on the Brownells site. Anybody heard anything new?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Where can I get a replacement AR10 intergral carry handle charging handle? I found an AR10 in a closet at work a few days ago. The charging handle is broken.

Found it at work? More info please?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast