Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrying an AR "pistol" in a vehicle

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by botas.45 View Post
    If you are really asking this ? then maybe you need to re-consider what you carry. Smh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Go away.

Outlander, I already carry a pistol and at least one extra magazine every day. I want an AR as A) an excuse to build it and B) if I'm ever caught up in a riot type situation I want a long-ish gun. Although if we're being honest it's about 90% option A.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I only read the first post and not all of the subsequent stuff so apologies if it's already been covered, but I stowed an AR for 3+ years in my regular cab Tacoma with a bench seat using a Coverking seat cover that was backed by MOLLE and two Velcro straps to secure it. It was completely out of sight yet easily accessible. The seat cover was all black and looked just like any other seat cover as far as anyone looking for a reason to break in would be concerned. Your mileage may vary depending on what you drive, the type of seats and aftermarket support for them, but I would start looking there.

If you can't find a custom-fit solution from Coverking, Smittybilt, etc. then maybe try Greyman Tactical. They make rigid MOLLE panels that can attach to your seat via the headrest. That is perhaps a slightly more visible solution but most people wouldn't notice or think there was a gun strapped to it if they did.

Also, tinted windows would help with concealment regardless of what you have and where it is inside the vehicle.

ETA - Not mine, but a pic from the interwebs for a general idea of how I had my old rig set up. I believe this happens to be one of the Greyman panels I was talking about too:

Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 12-01-17 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I only read the first post and not all of the subsequent stuff so apologies if it's already been covered, but I stowed an AR for 3+ years in my regular cab Tacoma with a bench seat using a Coverking seat cover that was backed by MOLLE and two Velcro straps to secure it. It was completely out of sight yet easily accessible. The seat cover was all black and looked just like any other seat cover as far as anyone looking for a reason to break in would be concerned. Your mileage may vary depending on what you drive, the type of seats and aftermarket support for them, but I would start looking there.

If you can't find a custom-fit solution from Coverking, Smittybilt, etc. then maybe try Greyman Tactical. They make rigid MOLLE panels that can attach to your seat via the headrest. That is perhaps a slightly more visible solution but most people wouldn't notice or think there was a gun strapped to it if they did.

Also, tinted windows would help with concealment regardless of what you have and where it is inside the vehicle.

ETA - Not mine, but a pic from the interwebs for a general idea of how I had my old rig set up. I believe this happens to be one of the Greyman panels I was talking about too:

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thank you sir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    Go away.

Outlander, I already carry a pistol and at least one extra magazine every day. I want an AR as A) an excuse to build it and B) if I'm ever caught up in a riot type situation I want a long-ish gun. Although if we're being honest it's about 90% option A.
    Maybe I did come across a bit sarcastic, build the darn thing and carry it! , outkast has a sweet set up.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If you're caught up in a riot, you need solid defensive driving skills, and an egress plan.

More than that, intelligence on the situation can provide you a means to simply not be there in the first place.

Go away.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    If you're caught up in a riot, you need solid defensive driving skills, and an egress plan.

More than that, intelligence on the situation can provide you a means to simply not be there in the first place.
    I thought it was obvious, but I'm really just playing mental gymnastics so I can justify another $1500-2k gun. Let me have my justification damnit.

As far as defensive driving, I drive a ram 3500 4x4 dually. It has enough torque that I can put it in 5th at 10mph and not stall. No amount of bodies in front of me is going to make a difference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thank you sir.
    This with that scabbard attached and a couple of mag holders would be perfect
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    I thought it was obvious, but I'm really just playing mental gymnastics so I can justify another $1500-2k gun. Let me have my justification damnit.

As far as defensive driving, I drive a ram 3500 4x4 dually. It has enough torque that I can put it in 5th at 10mph and not stall. No amount of bodies in front of me is going to make a difference.
    After reading this comment I stand by my first reply. You have a dually? You initially stated you had a single cab, I think you are just looking for attention and not really looking for advice on the actual weapon build. Smh

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    After reading this comment I stand by my first reply. You have a dually? You initially stated you had a single cab, I think you are just looking for attention and not really looking for advice on the actual weapon build. Smh

There are single cab duallys out there my friend.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I have a single cab, long bed, dually with a 6 speed manual transmission and 24 valve Cummins.

This is in the gear section because I had a specific question that has already been answered. Why you continue to comment is beyond me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast