Thread: Liberty Optics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Liberty Optics

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...legit.7095532/

Thread starts out in 2021, but within the first page notes Liberty Optics have closed up shop, taken money, deleted info, and burned a bunch of people.

If you have an order in with Liberty Optics, you probably don't actually have an order in and are about to lose money if you can't do a charge back.

The Hide has quite a few people upset as it was a dealer who posted and supported that board for years. While this is primarily optics related, I placed this thread in the General AR forum for visibility and make sure we can max the amount of protected people.

I'll point out that Vortex Optics is trying to aid people where they can, but you need to check out the thread for more info. Shamus from VO is as good of a dude as there is in the industry, so at least people are in good hands that are dealing with him.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oooof! Not good. I got Steiner Military 5-25 from them years ago and it was a smooth transaction.

Sucks to hear people got hurt by them. Hopefully they are made whole.

Thanks for the heads up Stick!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    It is a strange deal. My order from July was delivered, but I'm having to attempt a chargeback on June order.
    A long standing company literally evaporated overnight. Website gone, paperwork filed with MT shutting down business. Left a bunch of people in the lurch with prepaid orders. No warning signs. The post from 2021 was a question if GTG with lots of affirmatives.

Shamus doesn't know me, but he made a point to reach out to me last night well after business hours to answer my questions. It really seems Vortex is really trying to help even though they didn't cause the mess. It was just their products being sold.

I have 4 of their optics know (all Razors) and was trying to add 2 more.

Feedback Score
    Damm, thanks for spreading the word. I think the guy there was named Scott maybe. Got several optics there over the years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    Damm, thanks for spreading the word. I think the guy there was named Scott maybe. Got several optics there over the years.

Wow, that stinks. I bought about 7 scopes from them. Great prices and the transactions were smooth. Darn!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So now where is the best place to find great deals on the vortex stuff. Liberty optics had the best deals by far. Anyone know of any other vendors with similar deals.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a case of "Wow, you think you know somebody...".

Feedback Score
    Euro Optics often has " Used like new". I've gotten several Aimpoint and Vortex optics that way. They are demos at gun shows and have been opened, hence the used title. All mine have been perfect and reduced by several hundred dollars with full warranty. Customer service is among the very best I've seen.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    So now where is the best place to find great deals on the vortex stuff. Liberty optics had the best deals by far. Anyone know of any other vendors with similar deals.
    Euro optic also gives a mil/first responder discount. If its not a Primary Arms product I tend to buy most of my glass from Euro. Super fast, great deals and never had a problem. I also use Brownells when they have a decent sale--their MPO lineup was nearly 50% off and I picked up a couple of those.

The Memorial day sale with Vortex/Euro this year was insanely good! I'm literally planning on that sale next year to pick up another Gen3 Razor.