Page 178 of 239 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2383

Thread: -->OFFICIAL<-- "PAY IT FORWARD"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    He is obviously on here to PIF to members of M4C and not going to the local range and just handing out the items to people he sees with sub par gear. That would be much easier I would bet. Seems like he is helping out the M4C community. So in doing that, is where I believe he wants to set some sort of standard for contributing members. I wont speak for him, but that's what I am gathering?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not just scrap the mystery box pif and just make it a contest. Random drawing or some such thing. It would alleviate a lot of the issues listed.

I understand the concept and your generosity is astounding but a contest might be the better idea.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've seen some random drawing threads on here. They seem to go well with the OP being able to give freely and the posters have less butt hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Giraffe View Post
    Why not just scrap the mystery box pif and just make it a contest. Random drawing or some such thing. It would alleviate a lot of the issues listed.

I understand the concept and your generosity is astounding but a contest might be the better idea.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    I've seen some random drawing threads on here. They seem to go well with the OP being able to give freely and the posters have less butt hurt.
    I agree with this and also think it would be the best idea in this case.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post

J,
    Elephant asked for us to brainstorm solutions and we've come up with some ideas. None are perfect but some are workable.

I believe the PIF is more paying forward, than it is receiving back.
    Things seem to get out of whack when people who care more about receiving than they do giving "contaminate" that ideal...
    That kind of goodness is in you or it isn't. Either you give only to get, or you give because you enjoy it. I don't think we can control the inherent goodness nor greed a person has. Spreadsheets won't fix that, rules really won't fix that. We can try and frame something up to eliminate as many douche bags as we can, but I fear we would eliminate people who really could use a blessing like the PIF has been so many times.

Either we get to the point like Travis and Monk say where we give to give -no strings attached, or Elephant holds a raffle.

Also I really like the site sponsorship idea as a means of generating some revenue. I would like to see that as mandatory for participation in the E&E and the PIF thread. Not as a means to vet but simply to bring more finances into the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    J,
    I believe the PIF is more paying forward, than it is receiving back.
    Things seem to get out of whack when people who care more about receiving than they do giving "contaminate" that ideal...
    That kind of goodness is in you or it isn't. Either you give only to get, or you give because you enjoy it. I don't think we can control the inherent goodness nor greed a person has. Spreadsheets won't fix that, rules really won't fix that. We can try and frame something up to eliminate as many douche bags as we can, but I fear we would eliminate people who really could use a blessing like the PIF has been so many times.
    I agree that it's the spirit of giving, and think many approach it that way. Few do not, but all the rules in the book won't weed them out. The last PIF he did, I'd claimed a CMore optic. Never got it, but still PIFd a magnifier in a flip mount and a AFG. I didn't need them, and was happy to send them to a couple good homes. I feel like many others may have been faced with a similar situation, and most made the same decision. I think, for the most part, the same will happen on this upcoming go around. As I said in my proposal, tracking the totality of the box may prevent a few bad apples from being overly generous to themselves. Unless the 200 post count makes the qualifications list, I'll likely be sitting on the sidelines, but it's still a great idea. I really look forward to see how long we can keep it going.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    I agree that it's the spirit of giving, and think many approach it that way. Few do not, but all the rules in the book won't weed them out. The last PIF he did, I'd claimed a CMore optic. Never got it, but still PIFd a magnifier in a flip mount and a AFG. I didn't need them, and was happy to send them to a couple good homes. I feel like many others may have been faced with a similar situation, and most made the same decision. I think, for the most part, the same will happen on this upcoming go around. As I said in my proposal, tracking the totality of the box may prevent a few bad apples from being overly generous to themselves. Unless the 200 post count makes the qualifications list, I'll likely be sitting on the sidelines, but it's still a great idea. I really look forward to see how long we can keep it going.
    Well I have been able to recoup some spares since that last one. It did put a dent in my spare parts bin. I think I got a little carried away. Lol.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another for the idea of a limited drawing in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Well I have been able to recoup some spares since that last one. It did put a dent in my spare parts bin. I think I got a little carried away. Lol.

Yeah, you really went PIF happy. I too have accumulated some items. With Killiary relegated to the civilian side of things, I now can feel more comfortable giving up some of the stash. Although, if there is a CA complaint condition, I'd have to do some research on what can't be sent there legally.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Yeah, you really went PIF happy. I too have accumulated some items. With Killiary relegated to the civilian side of things, I now can feel more comfortable giving up some of the stash. Although, if there is a CA complaint condition, I'd have to do some research on what can't be sent there legally.
    That's a very good point about CA compliance. We need to watch each other's back on that as much as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 178 of 239 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast