Thread: Narcan (Naloxone) Training

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Narcan (Naloxone) Training

Just received Narcan certification yesterday and they passed out Naloxone kits (two per person).

This was all in a grant to help fight the Opioid Overdoses and help better the communities.

Minnesota has had a standing order for Naloxone since 2015. So, it's available to anyone at a Pharmacy.

I really think this is a great addition to my car bag. It comes with a bioshield for rescue breathing / CPR.

I am BLS - Healthcare Professional Certified and felt like this free training was stupid NOT to get. Everything was free. It was easy.

This isn't the exact kit I got, but the closest I could find to make it easy on me.

Soooo, my question:

Does this type of thing propagate the abuse and usage of Narcotics, specifically, Opioids?

The reason I ask, is that was one person's rhetoric during the evening was very, blatantly, anti the rescue program. I mean, I get it. I don't like my tax dollars being used on the "War On Drugs" either, but it appears Naloxone, in the grand scale, is actually very useful for many cases of drug overdoses, even prescribed.

Nonetheless, with all the stupid mofos driving around booting, shooting, snorting, and more while driving and in public, I added this to my daily grab bag. Added a couple bandages and a trauma pad to the kit to make it that much better for my uses.

What say you? Viable training that any "Concerned Community Member" should do? Or, the program is enabling and dangerous as is? Waste of tax dollars/grant monies? I am interested in your opinions as I had no idea this training existed until last night before my wife and I signed up.

As a prepper, I love having this stuff on hand. As a realist, I am hoping that my statistical need for this stays extremely low and it expires from non usage.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-01-17 at 07:20.