G&R Tactical
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Narcan (Naloxone) Training

Feedback Score
    85 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My agency is very generous with nasal capnography. The official stance is if I use it on everybody, we’ll just order more of them. I use it a lot.

Capnography is one of the best tools available. It amazes me how little some people use it. What amazes me even more is how little hospitals use it.
    Jon
    EMT Advanced

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
    Be brave and upright that God may love thee.
    Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
    Safe guard the helpless and do no wrong.

In the end, as you fade into the night, who will tell, the story of your life?
    ---------------
    JF Arms Company - Owner

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Capnography is one of the best tools available. It amazes me how little some people use it. What amazes me even more is how little hospitals use it.
    I’m surprised that it’s not in common use where you work. I can’t’ speak to pre-hospital management but in the hospital, it’s pretty much been the standard of care for all ventilated patients and all patients getting moderate or deep procedural sedation for the last 6-8 years.

Feedback Score
    EDís in my area donít use it at all, as far as I can tell. Iíve even seen ptís intubated without it.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Local EMS uses it, as do the local EDs with any ventilated patient or anyone getting procedural/moderate sedation. Some of the units using mod sed like vascular radiology do not use it, though.

Feedback Score
    85 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I’m surprised that it’s not in common use where you work. I can’t’ speak to pre-hospital management but in the hospital, it’s pretty much been the standard of care for all ventilated patients and all patients getting moderate or deep procedural sedation for the last 6-8 years.

Yea up in NE Indiana it’s barely used. The service I work for uses it aggressively. If it’s anything other than straight BLS, they get Capno on. Such a fantastic tool! Hospitals take it off pretty much immediately.
    Jon
    EMT Advanced

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
    Be brave and upright that God may love thee.
    Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
    Safe guard the helpless and do no wrong.

In the end, as you fade into the night, who will tell, the story of your life?
    ---------------
    JF Arms Company - Owner

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789