Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    When did this place become twitter?
    I think its a little difference when someone is making a comment, as opposed to making it the first post in a thread. No harm done that I can see, comments like that aren't going to turn this into arfcom.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    The price on there is pretty good. I wonder if it'll be as good for heavier barrels as the MUR.
    I have never seen a percentage given for the Vltor MUR regarding its increase in stiffness. Deflection tests, such as the one Kino did, would be pretty easy to replicate.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have never seen a percentage given for the Vltor MUR regarding its increase in stiffness. Deflection tests, such as the one Kino did, would be pretty easy to replicate.
    The other part that really interests me is the tight barrel extension fit. This might end up being a giant win for the average guy on the market. Again, especially at that price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    The other part that really interests me is the tight barrel extension fit. This might end up being a giant win for the average guy on the market. Again, especially at that price.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the price, enough so that I bought my first BCM non-blem stripped upper.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Any insight on the channel in the upper being for blowback/gasses? If that is what it’s for and it works, I could see myself switching a couple uppers out for these.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Any insight on the channel in the upper being for blowback/gasses? If that is what it’s for and it works, I could see myself switching a couple uppers out for these.
    Added gas expansion areas and new channels added around the charging handle opening vent gases away from the end user’s face, *reducing* distractions when employing the weapon system with a can.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-12-19 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice! I usually run the blems, but at this price I'll start grabbing these. Don't think there is enough there for me to switch out existing uppers, but anything new I'll give these a try.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Those channels/venting sound great on paper, if someone can confirm they actually work I’m jumping on board.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Those channels/venting sound great on paper, if someone can confirm they actually work I’m jumping on board.
    Likewise. Every little bit helps IME.

Feedback Score
    just tossing this out there but these do not work with a geissele rail, the tabs on the lower corners of the rail do not clear the added material on the upper.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast