Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    Cool, maybe it wont be too long. I'm wanting to build up a lower I have with a 16 mid for a recce type build. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a complete upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go get em! in stock on website now

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With no knowledge of when (or if) it would be offered as a stripped receiver, I ordered an MUR-1A a few days ago. It arrived today, so it's only natural for BCM's upper to be available today....also stripped.
    Last edited by grizzman; 12-10-19 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Looking forward to using them to finally finish some complete uppers. Merry Christmas everyone!

BCM MK2 UPPER RECEIVER
    Redesigned by lessons learned in combat since 9/11, the BCM MK2 Upper Receiver is built with up to 30% more rigidity than the current Mil-Spec M4 upper receiver without sacrificing interoperability for a mere additional 1/3 ounce of weight.

MEET THE NEW WAR
    SAME AS THE OLD WAR
    Upper receivers with baked in carry-handles and iron sights have been relegated to history. Optics are now synonymous with forward deployed combat carbines, featuring modular "optics ready" flat top upper receivers. Driven by a sense of urgency to improve lethality and save American lives in real-time, this innovation of the current M4 Upper Receiver has inadvertently introduced a degradation in the rigidity of the upper receiver, with the weakest point being the area around the ejection port.
    Shifting mass from non-critical to critical areas; the BCM Mk2 Upper Receiver reduces barrel deflection and enhances bore tolerances improving barrel alignment, consistency and accuracy. This enhanced rigidity aids accuracy by limiting barrel deflection from external loads such as a bipod or vertical grip. Also prevents unwanted deflection of moving components, reducing the chance for premature damage and wear of the bolt and barrel lugs which results from misalignment.

LETHALITY IN THE DETAILS
    In addition to weapon optics, suppressors have also become standard in modern combat operations. Added gas expansion areas and new channels added around the charging handle opening vent gases away from the end user’s face, reducing distractions when employing the weapon system with a can.
    Fine tuning the positioning of the forward assist creates additional clearance for right hand sided charging handle manipulation and clearance for end plate mounted slings.
    All these improvements come without affecting the manual of arms employed in manipulating a Mil-Spec upper receiver.

BUILT TO EXCEED
    Forged from 7075T6, the BCM MK2 Upper Receivers retain a form following grain structure which maximizes achievable strength, the MK2 Upper Receiver retains all USGI components in assembly and works with all USGI bolt carriers, charging handles and barrel assemblies.

MADE IN AMERICA
    All BCM components and accessories unite state of the art manufacturing with lightweight and durable materials to ensure components that last a lifetime, perform far beyond performance requirements established nearly six decades ago.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-11-19 at 18:43.

Feedback Score

Cool

IGNORE
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 12-10-19 at 22:37.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There's a channel milled into the rear lug area, is that for gas/blowback........something else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just bought a stripped mk 2 upper. Im pretty excited for it

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomba07 View Post
    Just bought a stripped mk 2 upper. Im pretty excited for it
    When did this place become twitter?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    When did this place become twitter?
    Allow me to retort. A couple of people on this thread were questioning whether or not the stripped upper receiver would be available. Therefore, as I simply stated I was able to purchase one and was excited about it.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The price on there is pretty good. I wonder if it'll be as good for heavier barrels as the MUR.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast