Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
    This is an upper receiver, and since they haven't exactly reinvented the wheel, how much testing needs to be done between all the "BCM Gunfighters" that are leaking the prototype to the public? Rhetorical question.

Please explain your version of rhetorical in regards to your comments. It certainly seems like you are just trying to be catty, but I'm game for comments that aren't simply passive aggressive from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Fill us in.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    ^That's most of the reason I like the MUR.

Preacher,

There are two other reasons to enjoy the MUR. One is dimensional consistency. The second is appreciably better flex testing, something which many uppers can not lay claim to.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Please explain your version of rhetorical in regards to your comments. It certainly seems like you are just trying to be catty, but I'm game for comments that aren't simply passive aggressive from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Fill us in.
    How did I know my commentary would draw a response from the self-appointed BCM spokesman? Another rhetorical question...

Was that passive-aggressive as well?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is why both my previous and the current build I am working on have MURs.

Well, that and the fact that the BCM prototype isn't available yet to us plebs.

The second is appreciably better flex testing, something which many uppers can not lay claim to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How did I know my commentary would draw a response from the self-appointed BCM spokesman? Another rhetorical question...

Was that passive-aggressive as well?

I'm not sure you actually understand the words you use. No need to go look them up to explain yourself, you are obviously doing nothing but trolling.

The problem is that you have a low knowledge base, in, at a minimum, the area in which we are conversing. You bitch about the receiver being nothing special, you bitch about the people using the components, you bitch about BCM, and then when called out on it you bitch about me.

In short, that makes you one who bitches quite often and has nothing of substance to give or even complain about. If your bitching had technical merit, people may be interested, but instead you come across as a someone with an axe to grind for unknown reasons. Whether you are a paid shill, or just someone trying to hard and falling flat, your posting is simply sad and lacking even in imagination. Why not square yourself away and come back as a productive member of the board?

To directly answer your question, partially, but primarily pathetic and demeaning to yourself.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    And it's a prototype. Doesn't even mean it's going to be brought to market.

The hype on these is insane. If BCM brings these to market, they'll sell truckloads to people who have never actually worn out or broken an upper receiver. But they'll get to "upgrade"...

They are prototypes, but someone still wrote the code to pop those puppies out, so the interest from the manufacturer is obviously real. However, I haven't seen a crazy amount of hype. We have one person who is attacking it for no reason, and a few other people who have expressed interest. I don't know about the selling truckloads part, though I confess I don't have one on hand either to give an accurate gauge. The people who have used them in the classes aren't saying much of anything, and we have only seen a few posts about it.

If the receiver can lay claim to structural rigidity increase, and therefore delve into the mystical black arts of those who chase holes for accuracy, I think we will see a push. If we see gas diversion when used with a can, we will see a push. If we see a cool looking upper which just looks unique, the push will still be there (I agree with you), but certainly not to the same levels.

ETA- I resisted the BCM GF CH for a long time, and though to myself it couldn't be much of an actual "game changer" as it was just a "latch". Now I have them on most of my URGs. Something like this could very well be much more than we think. EK has a crazy mind....
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    This is why both my previous and the current build I am working on have MURs.

Well, that and the fact that the BCM prototype isn't available yet to us plebs.

Regardless of who makes what, I still think the Vltor MUR is the standard in the world of upgraded upper receivers. There are lots of receivers which look great, but Vltor remains the one to beat.

PS- If it makes you feel any better, both of my hands are empty as well.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure you actually understand the words you use. No need to go look them up to explain yourself, you are obviously doing nothing but trolling.

The problem is that you have a low knowledge base, in, at a minimum, the area in which we are conversing. You bitch about the receiver being nothing special, you bitch about the people using the components, you bitch about BCM, and then when called out on it you bitch about me.

In short, that makes you one who bitches quite often and has nothing of substance to give or even complain about. If your bitching had technical merit, people may be interested, but instead you come across as a someone with an axe to grind for unknown reasons. Whether you are a paid shill, or just someone trying to hard and falling flat, your posting is simply sad and lacking even in imagination. Why not square yourself away and come back as a productive member of the board?

To directly answer your question, partially, but primarily pathetic and demeaning to yourself.
    Yep, I registered in 2014, and waited all this time for the perfect opportunity to simultaneously troll, bitch, grind an axe, and cash in on being a shill, and you just ruined it. Thanks a lot, Stick.

You might be right about my knowledge-base regarding prototypes and why this prototype in particular is taking so long to come to market, but then again, I don't schmooze with manufacturers, or shoot more photos or my mouth off more than I do bullets.

There's catty for ya, Stick, but listen, if I had a problem with BCM, I'd have not a single problem expressing that. After all, according to you, not only do I bitch, but do it quite often. Where your long-winded, emotional response came from is completely beyond me.

I will return to my corner to get myself squared away, LOL.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yep, I registered in 2014, and waited all this time for the perfect opportunity to simultaneously troll, bitch, grind an axe, and cash in on being a shill, and you just ruined it. Thanks a lot, Stick.

You might be right about my knowledge-base regarding prototypes and why this prototype in particular is taking so long to come to market, but then again, I don't schmooze with manufacturers, or shoot more photos or my mouth off more than I do bullets.

There's catty for ya, Stick, but listen, if I had a problem with BCM, I'd have not a single problem expressing that. After all, according to you, not only do I bitch, but do it quite often. Where your long-winded, emotional response came from is completely beyond me.

I will return to my corner to get myself squared away, LOL.
    Chill your shit, nobody cares.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Preacher,

There are two other reasons to enjoy the MUR. One is dimensional consistency. The second is appreciably better flex testing, something which many uppers can not lay claim to.
    Understood. Those advantages are likewise appealing to me, but I'm not sure I shoot well enough to completely appreciate the structural differences, even though they were the original draw for me. I just know that when I consider a build, I usually go the extra mile and grab a MUR, if for nothing else the potentially added safety factor. I've never regretted building with the MUR, and I feel like it's a bit of a gold standard for my builds.

If BCM can bring out an equal or better product in terms of where the MUR shines, I'll be happy to consider it for new builds. I won't be taking anything apart to upgrade, though. I do have BCM4 upper receivers in some builds and I'm not unhappy with them.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 09-23-18 at 23:29. Reason: Added last paragraph.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast