Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I was just wondering because I know that companies often play with a prototype projects or even a pre-production variants which often never reach the market for various reasons.

All the time, but probably not for the reasons you think. A wonderful example would be a certain mfgs pint glass that I've been drinking out of for the last 10 years or so. It will never come to market.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Bump...

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I hope Paul releases these for sale real soon. I could use two or three of them asap

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ok so what does this Upper do demonstrably that a standard Upper does not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, this upper should improve accuracy and bolt life to some degree. Also, the relocated FA position should also make right side FA manipulation a little easier. Nothing is so good it cannot be made better, even if it maybe somewhat incremental. For example, the trigger and the accuracy of the Gen 5 Glocks compared to the earlier generations. Another example is, BCM tightening up the ID spec of the upper for the barrel extension to enhance accuracy. Another example would be the soon to be released Surefire optimized bolt carrier, that will increase an AR’s reliability and bolt life. Also, look at KAC and their many innovations that make a better AR15. In the arms race nothing stays the same, things are improved upon and at some point replaced. Then again, some people are perfectly content driving their model T.
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-15-18 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Ok so what does this Upper do demonstrably that a standard Upper does not?

Biggest thing I would think of is making that ambi charging handle easier to use. If you use the right side of those charging handles the forward assist kinda gets in the way of you racking the handle. Looks to be far enough forward that if you tried using that side of the charging handle on both I think one would see the difference right away.

Might help with some sling mounts getting in the way as well(of the forward assist) but I don't know if that would really be noticeable because you don't really ever use the f/a. As far as the claim its stronger it very well might be. I don't know if that is really something that was needed but if its not adding weight I don't see the problem.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    All you guys talking about the forward assist need to jump on that Forward Controls Design LDFA train if you haven’t already.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Defoor has a new video up with this upper.

Think we will see a BCM forged, ambi lower released with this?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post

Doubt it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post

Link?

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast