Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Possible. My opinion is it is that cut out is like the flutes on the forward assist housing and is there to compensate for the increased weight of the areas they beefed up the dimensions. With the page off the BCM site now I can't double check but I think I remember reading one of the design goals was to increase rigidity and strength for little to no weight increase over a mil-spec profile upper.
    Yeah, I think your right about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I wonder if this machined out cavity in the MK2 upper, is for an anti-rotational insert that mates to a new *hard use* handguard BCM is working on?

No....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    With the page off the BCM site now.
    Perhaps I missed it, but has there been any reason given for no longer offering the stripped MK2? Was it the internet complaining about non-compatibility with certain rails? I was planning on getting another.

Thanks.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I would not be surprised if they are tweaking the forging or editing the CNC Program of the Mk2 upper just a little, so they are compatible with non BCM handguards that have anti-rotational tabs.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-13-20 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Beta test sample numbers were hit.

Just kidding, I love BCM and understand they wouldn’t do that. But it was there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hmmm....this has me wanting to get one of the new CORE barrels from Criterion when they come out and build up a new upper.....

Kinda go for a recce flavor.
    "75% of gun owners would be just as happy with airsoft." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From BCM's site:

In addition to weapon optics, suppressors have also become standard in modern combat operations. With added gas expansion areas and new channels added around the charging handle opening, vent gas away from the end user's face, reducing distractions when employing the weapon system with a can.

Any more details heard or conveyed on this particular design feature? Reduction % or anything?

Probably have to wait for more to get out in the field and tested, but very intriguing with all the other gas mitigating parts out there.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    From BCM's site:

In addition to weapon optics, suppressors have also become standard in modern combat operations. With added gas expansion areas and new channels added around the charging handle opening, vent gas away from the end user's face, reducing distractions when employing the weapon system with a can.

Any more details heard or conveyed on this particular design feature? Reduction % or anything?

Probably have to wait for more to get out in the field and tested, but very intriguing with all the other gas mitigating parts out there.
    I have other gas mitigating features (small gp barrel, Gemtech BCG) but this upper spits gas and oil right into my shooting eye. I’ve never had any other rifle do that. It might mitigate gas but the small amount that remains is ejected in a shitty spot

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any more info on this new bcm rail coming out?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have other gas mitigating features (small gp barrel, Gemtech BCG) but this upper spits gas and oil right into my shooting eye. I’ve never had any other rifle do that. It might mitigate gas but the small amount that remains is ejected in a shitty spot
    Is this with the BCM Mk2 upper receiver?

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast