Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Speaking of such, does anyone have an idea on the cost of the BCM Mark 2 upper receiver?
    One would think, if a design were improved while keeping all the original design features, they would simply cease selling the original design and sell their improved version for just slightly more to cover R&D. I would guess instead that they sell these for around $150-180.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    One would think, if a design were improved while keeping all the original design features, they would simply cease selling the original design and sell their improved version for just slightly more to cover R&D. I would guess instead that they sell these for around $150-180.
    There will always be someone who wants the original though. Plenty of people still like gov’t profile barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Any news on this?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Owner Paul B said it would be available in the first or second quarter of this year. So at this point, it is a month overdue.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    So at this point, it is a month overdue.
    Which is still 2-3 months early, if you consider typical firearms industry / manufacturing releases.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    From BCM today:

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, we do anticipate offering these sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

But as usual, don’t hold your breath.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So from a cure speculative point of view is the thought these will a less costly option to a MUR?

Demo BCM are ~$60, regular $119, will this replace the $119 or be $150-$200?

I'm itching to build something in prep for cooler weather outdoors shooting and will need an upper. Was going to pick up a MUR (straight up or branded) and would love a less costly option to put more money into ammo/training.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    So from a cure speculative point of view is the thought these will a less costly option to a MUR?

Demo BCM are ~$60, regular $119, will this replace the $119 or be $150-$200?

I'm itching to build something in prep for cooler weather outdoors shooting and will need an upper. Was going to pick up a MUR (straight up or branded) and would love a less costly option to put more money into ammo/training.

No way do I see these being less costly than a traditional upper. Think of how many forged uppers are created, and sold to various manufacturers for various levels of machining. I don't see any way BCM could or would even try to play the cheap game.

Any interesting question would be if BCM would be willing, or even interested in licensing or selling the basic forging to other companies....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    hopefully it's cheaper than the Noveske Gen 3 Chainsaw upper receiver when it's on sale, $220. that one also has the reinforced snout, and Forward Assist, brass deflector.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 11-01-19 at 21:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No way do I see these being less costly than a traditional upper. Think of how many forged uppers are created, and sold to various manufacturers for various levels of machining. I don't see any way BCM could or would even try to play the cheap game.

Any interesting question would be if BCM would be willing, or even interested in licensing or selling the basic forging to other companies....
    Thanks, I figured the same, but don't really "know" the players. Grabbing my normal boring MUR.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast