Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Attachment 59524Attachment 59524

The pics of the forward assist I have seen one these pre production versions would not be compatible with LMT MARS-L or LWRC IC ambi lowers. The forward assist housing looks to interfere with the right side paddle.
    This is what I’m waiting to find out for sure...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    They’re pretty nice I’m using one on my 2gun rifle.
    Rob thanks for sharing photos.

Is there a vent of some sort for suppressor blow back built into that upper? If so how does it work..? KD4 mentioned it a year or two ago but curious if it made its way into final production.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    They’re pretty nice I’m using one on my 2gun rifle.
    What do you have as your mag catch? It looks to accomplish the same goal as a Redi-Catch but is cleaner looking.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Rob thanks for sharing photos.

Is there a vent of some sort for suppressor blow back built into that upper? If so how does it work..? KD4 mentioned it a year or two ago but curious if it made its way into final production.
    I haven’t found any vent on/in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    What do you have as your mag catch? It looks to accomplish the same goal as a Redi-Catch but is cleaner looking.
    It was called a “Bolt Control Device” or something like that. I don’t believe they ever went into production. But yes it locked the bolt to the rear like a Ready-Catch.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    This is what I’m waiting to find out for sure...
    Not going to work

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Any news on a drop date and if stripped uppers will be available then? As a lefty the moved FA really interests me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Seems like an enhanced bolt catch like the FCD one might interfere with the left side of this receiver.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSGriff View Post
    Any news on a drop date and if stripped uppers will be available then? As a lefty the moved FA really interests me.
    I wouldn't think that stripped uppers would go for sale at the same time a small amount of the complete uppers would be shipping. HOWEVER, that is a guess on my part and not anything learned from Paul or the BCM team. I don't know how fast they are able to machine these new uppers, nor do I have any idea how many machines they have dedicated to it.

Additionally.... My guess is that 3 or 4 of the most popular URGs of each rail type would be released first. Again, thats just a guess.
    Stick

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast