Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    Stick,

Any idea if there will be new lower forgings as well? Ambi?

I can make vague generic comments, and say there are a lot of interesting things coming.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I can make vague generic comments, and say there are a lot of interesting things coming.
    Can you give us eta of when we get to know more?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If anyone from BCM is reading this:
    - I've been waiting for this upper for the last 5 months now...
    - I'm also still waiting for the 14.5" or 16" (regular profile barrel) BFH MCMR upper with the FSP for a year now

It would be great if BCM would introduce both together. At this point I'm questioning if I should wait any longer...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've been calling out the lightweight crowd ever since they started going full retard and skeletonizing the area behind the barrel extension compromising the failure cascade. Good thing kabooms are so rare I haven't heard of someone being seriously injured from running these idiotic skeletonized receivers. Good to know BCM is going in the opposite direction.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well here’s your answer.

https://youtu.be/yG2gAmkvnL4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I've been calling out the lightweight crowd ever since they started going full retard and skeletonizing the area behind the barrel extension compromising the failure cascade. Good thing kabooms are so rare I haven't heard of someone being seriously injured from running these idiotic skeletonized receivers. Good to know BCM is going in the opposite direction.
    Just playing devils advocate, wouldn't the skelotonizing provide relief cuts for the pressure blast to go instead of just out the mag well?

With that theory of pressure drop off, the cut outs should send the gasses out, instead of causing a critical fracture in the metals.

Than again, I suppose the dust cover is open too when they happen, so, who knows.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Just playing devils advocate, wouldn't the skelotonizing provide relief cuts for the pressure blast to go instead of just out the mag well?

With that theory of pressure drop off, the cut outs should send the gasses out, instead of causing a critical fracture in the metals.

Than again, I suppose the dust cover is open too when they happen, so, who knows.
    Im not talking about cutting holes in the receiver. A more visual analogy.

Doing this:

Prefragments your upper receiver in the event of a kaboom similar in concept to this:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Doing this:

Prefragments your upper receiver in the event of a kaboom similar in concept to this:
    Awh, yeah.

Great visual comparison too. That sure can look ominous with those two compared.

Thanks for clarifying, my point is certainly invalid with those receivers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Doing this:

Two different concepts. The raised ribs of the upper stiffen and strengthen the structure.

The cuts in the grenade are there to create fracture points.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You see ribs, i see pockets. Material removed, even to create ribs, doesn't make a part stronger. That receiver may be stronger than a receiver of equal mass, but uniformly reduced diameter, but i doubt any serious thought has gone into its design other than it looks cool.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast