Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    You see ribs, i see pockets. Material removed, even to create ribs, doesn't make a part stronger. That receiver may be stronger than a receiver of equal mass, but uniformly reduced diameter, but i doubt any serious thought has gone into its design other than it looks cool.
    If the pockets were connected like the grenade, you'd have a point. But they aren't. The ribs are the continuous structure and will stop the tearing from going past the ribs to the next pocket. The ribs prevent fragmenting. The cuts in the grenade are continuous and promote fragmenting. The two designs are opposites.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Well here’s your answer.

https://youtu.be/yG2gAmkvnL4
    Embed:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok, i see your point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see the merits of this upper, but why play the wait game? The VLTOR MUR has been doin' this for years.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    I see the merits of this upper, but why play the wait game? The VLTOR MUR has been doin' this for years.
    Paying nearly $200 per upper gets kinda old, at least it did for me. Of course you can find MURs on sale, but then you're still playing the waiting game. If this is competitively priced with standard forged uppers it's a better buy.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Has this prototype upper project been cancelled by BCM? Should we still expect to see it anytime soon?

Feedback Score
    From the Larry Vickers BCM training carbine video, (4:46) I thought it looked more like a Noveske Gen III upper, than the VLTOR MUR. the forward assist, brass deflector "triangle" is part of the forging (Noveske), not pinned on (VLTOR). similar style, not an exact match. just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 07-10-18 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Has this prototype upper project been cancelled by BCM? Should we still expect to see it anytime soon?
    BCM typically prototypes stuff for a very long time before it hits the commercial market. I'm sure its still coming.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I have BCM items unseen by the internet from way before this video and info became public. I would not confuse elapsed time with closure of a project.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was just wondering because I know that companies often play with a prototype projects or even a pre-production variants which often never reach the market for various reasons.
    I'm at the point where I'd like to buy a stripped upper and open to options other than milspec. I would have bought this upper just to try out even back when it was first noticed, but have been waiting (im)patiently for it to hit the market.

I don't mind being an early adopter/tester if the price and feature set are compelling and company did their part during the testing phase.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast