Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    It's on his Instagram

Feedback Score
    will Geissele rails or other rails with anti rotation tabs fit on this upper? And does it have the tight fit barrel extension that the normal BCM uppers have?
    Last edited by Skeeter98; 09-22-18 at 01:59.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter98 View Post
    will Geissele rails or other rails with anti rotation tabs fit on this upper? And does it have the tight fit barrel extension that the normal BCM uppers have?
    Dude. Like six people have these uppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Dude. Like six people have these uppers.

And it's a prototype. Doesn't even mean it's going to be brought to market.

The hype on these is insane. If BCM brings these to market, they'll sell truckloads to people who have never actually worn out or broken an upper receiver. But they'll get to "upgrade"...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    The hype on these is insane. If BCM brings these to market, they'll sell truckloads to people who have never actually worn out or broken an upper receiver. But they'll get to "upgrade"...
    I find the same to be true no matter who the manufacturer or what their latest greatest widget is.

But it keeps the economy going so I can't complain to much and every once in awhile a true innovation comes along.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    This is an upper receiver, and since they haven't exactly reinvented the wheel, how much testing needs to be done between all the "BCM Gunfighters" that are leaking the prototype to the public? Rhetorical question.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It’s not just a new shape, KD said there are vents for the gas. That means it does offer more capability and probably needs more testing.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It’s not just a new shape, KD said there are vents for the gas. That means it does offer more capability and probably needs more testing.

That's not something I had heard, but that does peak my curiosity.

Honest question; I know a lot of peope don't see the need in reinforced upper receivers, but isn't one of the biggest advantages of these reinforced upper receivers to prevent injury in case of a catastrophic failure?

I could see using something like this or a VLTOR MUR on a heavy use training rifle and/or if you plan on running non quality ammo, whether it be factory ammo or reloaded, etc.. due to the increased chance of an ammo related catastrophic failure.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    That's not something I had heard, but that does peak my curiosity.

Honest question; I know a lot of peope don't see the need in reinforced upper receivers, but isn't one of the biggest advantages of these reinforced upper receivers to prevent injury in case of a catastrophic failure?

I could see using something like this or a VLTOR MUR on a heavy use training rifle and/or if you plan on running non quality ammo, whether it be factory ammo or reloaded, etc.. due to the increased chance of an ammo related catastrophic failure.
    There were at least a few members who stated they liked the MUR for this reason a few years ago, IIRC. I think IG posted photos of a kaboom in a MUR and mentioned that it was pretty well contained.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    ^That's most of the reason I like the MUR.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast