Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I just watched that video, and a few things stood out to me. This receiver will be out in ‘19, Paul is passionate about what he does, and LAV is looking very healthy.

I loved that LAV asked Paul about a BCM .308. Paul didn’t say “No”, so that tells me there is a chance.
    What stood out to me from the video is the number of hands checking specific components using purpose designed gauges.

...That and the news about their modified proportion upper receiver. Presuming BCM sticks with their precision bored barrel extension opening this upper in conjunction with a well made constant taper barrel, a sturdy barrel nut interface, and something like the FCD SBCG w/O.C.K.S. makes a compelling case for an excellent "hard-use-stack-the-deck-in-my-favor" build. If I wasn't already well on my way with my own "autism level of attention to detail" build I would be all over it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll be buying a new complete upper from BCM with a 14.5" barrel when that thing comes out.

My hard use ARs are both BCM complete uppers. Nothing but great with them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I loved that LAV asked Paul about a BCM .308. Paul didn’t say “No”, so that tells me there is a chance.
    The world has wanted it for years. I reckon the problem is figuring out what the actual standard should look like, and then producing it in such a way that they undercut not only KAC but LMT too. Right in the pocket with DD.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    The world has wanted it for years. I reckon the problem is figuring out what the actual standard should look like, and then producing it in such a way that they undercut not only KAC but LMT too. Right in the pocket with DD.
    Yes, it sounds like they have done some significant prep, maybe even prototypes since he seems to allude to looking at the whole weapon system, not just wash-rinse-repeat AR10 clones.

Beyond that I'm sure it just a business decision - you can't just make cool stuff if the investment isn't going to pay off in $$$.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’d have to wonder how much of the .308 market will be around in five to eight years with some of the newer calibers making such an impact. It won’t go away for a long time, but doesn’t it seem like .308 is dying off? At least in circles that would use a BCM variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’d have to wonder how much of the .308 market will be around in five to eight years with some of the newer calibers making such an impact. It won’t go away for a long time, but doesn’t it seem like .308 is dying off? At least in circles that would use a BCM variant?

I don’t think so. For a bolt gun? Definitely. People that want to put the kapow on things from 0-600 out of a semi though?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I don’t think so. For a bolt gun? Definitely. People that want to put the kapow on things from 0-600 out of a semi though?
    Maybe it’s just me since I’m not already into the caliber, so I’d much rather have one of each that fire the same round. It might as well be a better one than .308 if it’s fairly available and around the same price.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool video. I'd love to help test any big bore projects in the long range shooting realm. Can you imagine a BCM AR-10 type gun???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Like it or not, 308 is a very common caliber, both in and out of the military. Lots of ammo already bought and lots of milsurp still out there waiting to be sold.

Sure some of the high speed types are going to other things like 6.5 and others, but military 308s will still be around for a long time.

Wait until we get back into a jungle / thick vegetation conflict, where visibility is 0-150m instead of in the barren desert where you can see several miles in every direction. Not saying that is the 308s games but just saying that we have been fighting in a certain AO (mainly) where long distance is valued. In a couple years we could be back to a closer fight.

The only real constant is change.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yes, it sounds like they have done some significant prep, maybe even prototypes....
    Exactly. He didn’t say “it’s coming.” But he definitely said that it’s coming.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast