Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bolt Action 22lr's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I’m sorry for your bad experience, but I don’t think that is common. I think most people are very happy with the CZ rifles.
    Perhaps they are. I didn't have that big a problem with the failure. The rifle only cost me about $500, if I remember correctly (it was a while back). What set me off about CZ was the target in the box with my gun's serial number written on it. I've never figured out how a gun whose bolt won't fit into the receiver all the way could have fired any shots, let alone a tiny group as the target depicted. I think CZ must have been kidding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Avoid the CZ American. I bought one. Receiver was .machined wrong. Bolt would not fit in receiver. There was a burr in the bore that scratched a cleaning rod. Never got it to fire a shot. Funny thing: there was a target in the box that claimed my rifle shot a tiny group. I wondered how it did that with a bolt that wouldn't fit, and a burr in the bore. CZ magic?
    An example of one is absolutely zero reason to avoid a proven rifle from a quality manufacturer.

Using your logic, you must walk or ride a horse wherever you go because there is no automobile manufacturer in the world that hasn't had at least one defective car leave the factory.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Perhaps they are. I didn't have that big a problem with the failure.
    You didn't have a big problem, but today you stated in another thread that you "put the gun in the trash where it belonged" rather than give CZ an opportunity to fix it.

I'm guessing it's the same rifle you discuss here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...and-new-CZ-452

I particularly like the part where you let a "gunsmith" at Gander Mountian use a pair of pliers on the bolt to try to "make it fit," and when he failed you decided the gun was a total loss. This was after he advised you to only clean the rifle from the muzzle, which apparently didn't raise any red flags for you either.

I can't say any of that is enough to taint my opinion of CZ firearms.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 10-13-18 at 22:56.

Feedback Score
    Gunsmith and Gander Mountain are mutually exclusive concepts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Gunsmith and Gander Mountain are mutually exclusive concepts
    Boy o Boy! That's a fact in our area. The "Gunsmith" at our local Gander Mountain was a great source of revenue for competent gunsmiths in our area for years. Correcting his work was a lucrative business.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    ---------------
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-17-19 at 08:28.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789