Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another 11-87 Thread

Feedback Score
    Thread bump, I went back by the pawn shop and took another look at the 11-87. I forgot I was supposed to be looking for the barrel code and I took a picture of the serial number instead. The serial number starts with the letters PC if that’s helpful. Also it’s not an Express magnum, it says Special Purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doesn't tell you much about year of mfg: Model 1187 LETTER PREFIX: 1987 TO PRESENT: “PC” 12 GA., 1999 “TL“ 20 GA., 2000 “SM” SUPER MAG.

You really need the barrel code.

This article might kind of help you date it: http://www.shootingtimes.com/remingt...ding-shotguns/
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-22-17 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Thread bump, I went back by the pawn shop and took another look at the 11-87. I forgot I was supposed to be looking for the barrel code and I took a picture of the serial number instead. The serial number starts with the letters PC if that’s helpful. Also it’s not an Express magnum, it says Special Purpose.
    http://www.rem870.com/2015/09/13/rem...number-lookup/
    Your firearm was manufactured on June in one of these years: 2008, 1982, 1956, 1934

Or, if you prefer, call or email Remington:

"With the hundreds of different models produced over the past 200 years, it can sometimes be difficult to determine the age of your firearm. Since serial numbers were not required until 1968, your firearm may not have a serial number. For models without a serial number, we may be able to determine the age by the 2-3 letters that are stamped on the barrel. If your firearm does have a serial number, if you will call or email us the serial number and model number we can determine the approximate age of your firearm. Contact us by email or call us at 1-800-243-9700 Mon-Fri 9-5 EST.
    Last edited by austinN4; 12-22-17 at 17:51.

Feedback Score

Another 11-87 Thread

Thanks. I’m going to go back for the barrel code. It also has the metal trigger guard. If I have any Christmas money left over I think I’m going to go snatch it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final update, I decided to pass on this shotgun. I still had a few things I want to finish up on my rifle before I move onto a new gun purchase. I did go back and look later and the shotgun had been sold. I think I made the right call this time. There will always be more deals to pop up.
    Last edited by aclawrence; 02-05-18 at 22:34.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12