Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term NP3

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Long Term NP3

I am considering a coated BCG in a suppressed upper for ease of cleaning. I have heard some negative feedback on NIB coatings, but most of the feedback related to NP3 seems to be positive. Has anyone experienced any chipping, flaking, etc with NP3? What kind of round counts have people managed without any trouble? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    NP3 is nothing even remotely like NiB. It's also been use for decades. We have countless guns in use by LE agencies and there have been no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    I am considering a coated BCG in a suppressed upper for ease of cleaning. I have heard some negative feedback on NIB coatings, but most of the feedback related to NP3 seems to be positive. Has anyone experienced any chipping, flaking, etc with NP3? What kind of round counts have people managed without any trouble? Thanks.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I prefer NP3+ but both are good.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I haven't had issues with my NP3 BCG. I have about 900 rounds with in an SPR, temps from below freezing to above 100. The only caveat to my use is that it does get very hot due to the nature of precision shooting.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I use a Sionics NP3 BCG in all my suppressed AR's. They run like a champ with no issues.

I'd stay the hell away from NIB. But I love the NP3 BCG's I have.

Slightly off-topic, I'm sending a neat old 3" K-frame Smith and Wesson revolver to Robar, to have them do their NP3 magic on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You will love the result. Thinking of doing a P7 myself.

Feedback Score
    While not a BCG, I had Beretta 96D do in it. While not an extreme high round count pistol, it shows little to no wear. It also makes the already slick Beretta action even more buttery smooth! It is also very easy to clean, more just wipes off with a rag.

I say it would be fine on a BCG.

Feedback Score
    Not running it suppressed, but one of my Sionics BCG's is closing in on 5000 rounds. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Very easy to clean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    NP3 is nothing even remotely like NiB. It's also been use for decades. We have countless guns in use by LE agencies and there have been no issues.
    True on a few levels.
    NiB on a bcg is a poor application of the coating.
    The properties and morphology of NP3 are much better suited to bcg and other internal firearm parts.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So is there an issue with keeping lubricant on the NP3?

Or does it require much less using the NP3?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast