G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Range Hacks

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    8,730
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    For myself, I use a actual brass catcher. Good at the bench. But even better for drills alone downrange when you don’t want to pick up random brass all over the field.
    What brass catcher are you using/works best?

    Do they/it interfere with reloads?

    Thanks!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    8,703
    Feedback Score
    0
    LOL. I thought this thread was going to be about how most people at the range are a bunch of hacks.


    My only range hack is that we have a range that is usually very crowded, so I try to:

    1. Go really early in the morning
    2. Pick days where people are likely to be doing something else (holiday, Super Bowl Sunday, a weekday, etc.)
    3. Go in the summer when it's really hot or in the winter when it's really cold (I know, I get desperate!)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,738
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW5219 View Post
    It needs to be an adjustable hat. I slide the front lens of the scope through the opening and let it just hang there.
    Thanks

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    1,619
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    LOL. I thought this thread was going to be about how most people at the range are a bunch of hacks.


    My only range hack is that we have a range that is usually very crowded, so I try to:

    1. Go really early in the morning
    2. Pick days where people are likely to be doing something else (holiday, Super Bowl Sunday, a weekday, etc.)
    3. Go in the summer when it's really hot or in the winter when it's really cold (I know, I get desperate!)
    I do this also.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Oh, Dah Nord Minnersoda.
    Posts
    1,270
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    What brass catcher are you using/works best?

    Do they/it interfere with reloads?

    Thanks!
    I use the caldwell mesh brass catcher. Cheap as spit, in comparison to some of the fancier ones, and will sit on any gun it can velcro around. Does not interfere with reloading, but does need to be emptied around 50-60 cases.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    857
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

    Range Hacks

    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I use the caldwell mesh brass catcher. Cheap as spit, in comparison to some of the fancier ones, and will sit on any gun it can velcro around. Does not interfere with reloading, but does need to be emptied around 50-60 cases.
    Was just coming here to reply the same. The zippered bottom makes emptying fast. Leo a bucket in the field. Run drills. Empty repeat.
    Last edited by fledge; 12-22-17 at 09:47.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •