Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griffin M4SD/M4SDK Compatible Muzzle Devices

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Correct. The MD needs to have a BFA groove to work with a SD.

The Griffin hammer comp is pretty good without the can, and is an excellent mount. Another feature I like is the 30SD suppressors fit on the 1/2x28 MDs as well as the 5/8x24 MDs.
    Last edited by MQ105; 04-27-20 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I’ve installed M4SD Flash Comp’s on my 5.56 guns. Really love the muzzle device and of course, it mates perfectly to my M4SD II can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Any update on this? I'm considering a cheaper A2 compatible can while I wait for a KAC, but I have FCD 6315s and BCM comps instead of actual A2s.
    Short version:
    I like my M4SDk enough that I’ve ordered a 30SDk as a companion. I’m even sending a blast shield to Ecco to get turned into a mount for my modular cans.

Its a little gassier than a NT4, but the tradeoffs are worth it. I think it would be worth it to swap the muzzle devices; A2’s are cheap, and Griffin’s own muzzle devices are among the best, and reasonably priced. I have not tried to put it on a KAC NT4 mount yet, its on my to-do list.

Long version:
    I have a couple 6315s, and my M4SDk does not fit. Too bad, I love them otherwise. Roger and I discussed this, and I think I remember him saying they were going to try for compatibility in the future. It’ll be cool if they are, because I like them even more than A2’s.

I use the hammer comp on a dedicated suppressed gun, and I’m happy with it. I’ve also got a couple of Griffin flash hiders, and they do what they are supposed to.

Not all A2’s will fit. The one that came on a M&P15-22 works, as does one I got from Wilson Combat via Optics Planet. One that came on a PSA upper works, but one I bought separately from PSA does not. An A1 from Brownells works, I think it might have been sold as a Colt part, but I don’t remember. An A2 from Brownells sold as a Colt part did NOT fit. Several random cheapos from Primary Arms did not work. I’ll pay the extra dollar for A2’s from Wilson in the future.

When I got this can, I did a lot of looking around for muzzle devices that would work, and contacted several manufacturers of devices that looked like they would work. I was surprised to find that many had no idea if it would work with Griffin cans, even ones that advertised their stuff as “suppressor compatible”. One manufacturer even sent me a beautifully machined, in-the-white prototype of an open-tine flash hider. It was to be a new version of an existing model, for the purpose of Griffin can compatibility. Kudos to them for trying, but it was wrong in every dimension but the barrel threads. Great flash hider, though, and beautiful. Its almost like the dimensions of Griffin’s mounts are some kind of trade secret.

Honestly, I don’t know why I even sought other mount options. The whole reason I bought this can was because I like A2’s so much. And Griffin also has every conceivable brake/comp/hybrid/flash hider option covered for reasonable prices in reasonable lengths. Except open-tine, of course.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Griffin M4SD/M4SDK Compatible Muzzle Devices

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Short version:
    I like my M4SDk enough that I’ve ordered a 30SDk as a companion. I’m even sending a blast shield to Ecco to get turned into a mount for my modular cans.

Its a little gassier than a NT4, but the tradeoffs are worth it. I think it would be worth it to swap the muzzle devices; A2’s are cheap, and Griffin’s own muzzle devices are among the best, and reasonably priced. I have not tried to put it on a KAC NT4 mount yet, its on my to-do list.

Long version:
    I have a couple 6315s, and my M4SDk does not fit. Too bad, I love them otherwise. Roger and I discussed this, and I think I remember him saying they were going to try for compatibility in the future. It’ll be cool if they are, because I like them even more than A2’s.

I use the hammer comp on a dedicated suppressed gun, and I’m happy with it. I’ve also got a couple of Griffin flash hiders, and they do what they are supposed to.

Not all A2’s will fit. The one that came on a M&P15-22 works, as does one I got from Wilson Combat via Optics Planet. One that came on a PSA upper works, but one I bought separately from PSA does not. An A1 from Brownells works, I think it might have been sold as a Colt part, but I don’t remember. An A2 from Brownells sold as a Colt part did NOT fit. Several random cheapos from Primary Arms did not work. I’ll pay the extra dollar for A2’s from Wilson in the future.

When I got this can, I did a lot of looking around for muzzle devices that would work, and contacted several manufacturers of devices that looked like they would work. I was surprised to find that many had no idea if it would work with Griffin cans, even ones that advertised their stuff as “suppressor compatible”. One manufacturer even sent me a beautifully machined, in-the-white prototype of an open-tine flash hider. It was to be a new version of an existing model, for the purpose of Griffin can compatibility. Kudos to them for trying, but it was wrong in every dimension but the barrel threads. Great flash hider, though, and beautiful. Its almost like the dimensions of Griffin’s mounts are some kind of trade secret.

Honestly, I don’t know why I even sought other mount options. The whole reason I bought this can was because I like A2’s so much. And Griffin also has every conceivable brake/comp/hybrid/flash hider option covered for reasonable prices in reasonable lengths. Except open-tine, of course.
    Thanks, I think your post in another thread is what got me looking at this one. For some reason when I checked the first time, I only saw the hammer comp on their site which is why I was wondering more about compatibility. After checking again and seeing the rest of their 5.56 mounts, I’m open to switching a few of mine out if it takes forever to get a KAC can.

Did you use it on a 15-22 or just check to see if it would mount? I’m thinking mine would probably live on my MK18 mostly, but it’d be cool if it worked decently on my 15-22 as well.

Last edited by Wake27; 04-28-20 at 08:43.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hammer Comp came with the can. Maybe thats why you thought it was the only one. Griffin also makes NT4 mounts with cross compatibility: https://www.griffinarmament.com/nt4-compensator/ I have no experience with them. I did try the M4SDk on the .22, although its not recommended. I only fired a couple CB caps through it, so I can’t offer an impression. Then I stole the A2 off it. Or was it an A1? Don’t remember. I’m going to get a direct thread can for it at some point.

Edit: I just realized you are looking at a new KAC can, not the NT4. Mounts are totally different on the new KACs, and the Griffin is not a super low pressure flow through design.

Thanks, I think your post in another thread is what got me looking at this one. For some reason when I checked the first time, I only saw the hammer comp on their site which is why I was wondering more about compatibility. After checking again and seeing the rest of their 5.56 mounts, I’m open to switching a few of mine out if it takes forever to get a KAC can.

Did you use it on a 15-22 or just check to see if it would mount? I’m thinking mine would probably live on my MK18 mostly, but it’d be cool if it worked decently on my 15-22 as well.

Last edited by 1168; 04-28-20 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Hammer Comp came with the can. Maybe thats why you thought it was the only one. Griffin also makes NT4 mounts with cross compatibility: https://www.griffinarmament.com/nt4-compensator/ I have no experience with them. I did try the M4SDk on the .22, although its not recommended. I only fired a couple CB caps through it, so I can’t offer an impression. Then I stole the A2 off it. Or was it an A1? Don’t remember. I’m going to get a direct thread can for it at some point.

Edit: I just realized you are looking at a new KAC can, not the NT4. Mounts are totally different on the new KACs, and the Griffin is not a super low pressure flow through design.
    Any chance you have time behind a KAC QDC? I just called my range and their distributor has the QDC for under $1,300 but the M4SDK is almost $900. I was hoping it'd be cheaper and now feel like I might as well suck it up and just go with one of the current KACs.
    Last edited by Wake27; 04-28-20 at 17:59.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious if the Smith Vortex G6-A2 fits. Seems like one of the best flash hiders on the market, but where does the groove line up. May purchase one from LaRue just to experiment.

All my current suppressors are Rugged (rifle) and Dead Air (rimfire, possible PCC upcoming). An A2 compatible flash hider of such quality would be interesting.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Any chance you have time behind a KAC QDC? I just called my range and their distributor has the QDC for under $1,300 but the M4SDK is almost $900. I was hoping it'd be cheaper and now feel like I might as well suck it up and just go with one of the current KACs.
    I’ve never used a current KAC can. Should be able to get the M4SDk a little cheaper than that. If your future held a NT4, it’d be easy to justify the Griffin cans as a companion. QDC, well, you’ll have to decide if you want extra mount types in your safe.

Its interesting that the QDC is basically the same price as a NT4.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Did you ever try the Smith Vortex G6-A2? I'm also curious if it fits.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Also, the 556 M4SDk fits on the big ass 762 brake that came with my 30SDk. So, you can use it with one of those 5/8x24 barrels that BRT was selling. Or, kinetically bore out your 556 can on your AK, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    . Another feature I like is the 30SD suppressors fit on the 1/2x28 MDs as well as the 5/8x24 MDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Haller View Post
    Did you ever try the Smith Vortex G6-A2? I'm also curious if it fits.
    Sorry, I don’t have a Vortex around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast