Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffin M4SD/M4SDK Compatible Muzzle Devices

Feedback Score

Griffin M4SD/M4SDK Compatible Muzzle Devices

Recently had my M4SDK approved, wanted to share a little info I've found regarding compatible muzzle devices.
    In the months leading to my cans approval I was researching what muzzle devices would and would not work with the M4SD/K series of cans. I had a hard time finding much info, and now that I have the can I've found that some info out there is incorrect.

As of now I've confirmed these muzzle devices:

Compatible:
    Griffin Armament Muzzle Devices (Obviously)
    BCM Mod 0 Comp 5.56
    VG6 Precision Gamma 5.56
    VG6 Precision Epsilon 5.56
    Crossmachinetool Combat flash comp 5.56
    Crossmachinetool Combat recoil comp 5.56

Not Compatible:
    Battlecomp 1.0

Pretty happy with the results so far! I was thinking I was going to buy a bunch of new muzzle devices... luckily not!
    Hope this is helpful to someone.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I had BCM comp that did not fit either of my M4SD's, the comp came on a factory BCM 16" ELW-F upper straight from BCM. I have since sold it so I cannot get you measurements.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    I had BCM comp that did not fit either of my M4SD's, the comp came on a factory BCM 16" ELW-F upper straight from BCM. I have since sold it so I cannot get you measurements.
    Interesting. I have a factory BCM 16" ELW upper straight from BCM, comp works great with the M4SDK.

Feedback Score
    Griffin muzzle devices require a NATO specification blank firing adapter groove to attach. The BCM comp did not have a NATO spec groove and the griffin guys tried to get BCM the tweak the comp design shortly after it debuted. I'd be curious to know if BCM quietly got on board or if the tolerance stack between the comps and the cans might permit some cans to fit on some comps. None of my 3 GA cans fit either of my 2 BCM comps.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm curious if the Forward Control Designs 6315 would work. I really like the idea of the M4SD.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This mirrors my experience with M4SD not fitting BCM gunfighter comp. Early/older version. Several years ago I also asked BCM to modify the groove to fit; I'm glad I'm not the only one! I am also interested to know if BCM changed the spec, or if it's a case of tolerance-stacking. I like the Mod 0 as a good middle ground between a FH and brake.
    I used a drill and a bolt/washer/nut as a lathe to spin the MD and made the groove on mine wide enough. It didn't take much.

Edit: After checking the BCM site, I see that the mod 0 is now advertised to accept a BFA/FH-mounted suppressor. I have no idea how long that has been so. I will try to get my hands on a newer version and test for compatibility.
    Last edited by MQ105; 12-17-17 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    Back when I got my M4SD, it was hit or miss if certain muzzle devices worked.

So I decided just to stick with Griffin MD's.

I figured I would always have the best fit that way.

Suppose to work with A2's, but I only found one A2 I had that it could possibly work on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I never found an A2 hider that would not work. Very interesting about BCM's being compatible now, I may have to pick one up again.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Let's verify that the mod 0 is actually compatible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Let's verify that the mod 0 is actually compatible.
    Would be good to have someone else confirm what I have found.
    My Mod 0 was bought late 2015.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast